Chapter 12

It was now the day of the competition and the first match was with Xinglong and Zhou Zhi. After a few matches, No. 3 High School won the match with a score of 6-3. 

It was now the Golden Partners turn for the match. They won with a score of 7-5.

Now it was Qiao Chen's turn for the singles match. Turns out, his opponent can also do the Verticla Smash. Qiao Chen returns his Tiger-Roar serve, earning himself a point. After a few matches, Qiao Chen seems to have some cramps in his left leg. He then does his Core Veritcal Jump, earning him a point. After a few matches, Qiao Chen won the match with a score of 7-5.

It was now Lu Xia's turn for the match against Jiuxin. 

Lu Xia did his first serve and did his A Drive, hitting Jiuxin in the face, knocking him down.

"I'm sorry. That was for Mu and Xiuwen." Lu Xia said, making me smile.

"I'm also going to take revenge for Xinglong and Huang Jing." Lu Xia said, making me look down with a small smile.

"I won't let you get away with it." 

"You're the one who won't get away with it." Lu Xia said, going back to his side of the court.

Lu Xia then changed to his right hand and did the Twist Serve but Jiuxin easily returned it and did his Moving Volley, earning himself a point.

"I'm not going to let you score." Jiuxin said, threateningly.

The enxt few matches, Lu Xia starts to  do his split step but missed the ball. 

"You want to exact revenge through tennis? What a joke." Jiuxin said as he starts to move away.

"Lu Xia. Come on." Xinglong says as Lu Xia tips his hat.

"Xinglong. Do you think that this kid can beat me?" Jiuxin asks Xinglong.

The next match starts and Jiuxin gets a point.

"Kid. Opposite direction again."

The match starts again and the same thing happens. 

The next match, Lu Xia pretends to be knocked out.

"How long are you going to play dead?" Jiuxin asks as lu Xia starts to get up  and sends him a smirk. 

"You are far from it." Lu Xia says, before going back to his side.

The next match starts and Lu Xia does the Super Half Volley but Jiuxin returned it and before you know it, Lu Xia returns it back and earns a point. 

"You are a good springboard for me." Lu Xia says as the match starts.

The match starts again and Yu Qing gets a score. 

The next match, Lu Xia does his B Drive and earns a point.

The next few matches, Lu Xia starts to call out his revenges.

"This one is for Xinglong."

"Bring it on! This one doesn't work on me." 

"This one is for all the team members you bullied in Yu Qing, especially my sister." He yelled out as he did the Vertical Smash but ended up doing a short short.

"Game over. The score is 6-3. Lu Xia from Yu Qing won." 

The next few days, Siyang had to go to the hospital with the Coach for a few days and the team is not doing so well. The Golden Partners are not cooperating, Xinglong is always late and more. I felt like this team is starting to separate.

I was now walking with Lu Xia to the Xinglong's family restaurant to meet the others. When we got there, they were already eating and their was barely any seats except for next to Qiao Chen and Zhou Zhi. Lu Xia sat next to Qiao Chen which left me to sit next to Zhou Zhi.

"Ah! Lu Xia. Lu Lian, did you guys just here? Why are you guys late for dinner?" Qiao Chen said was we took our seats.

"Xinglong, it tastes very good today. Hey, Xinglong, you have something to say, right? Tell us." Qiao Chen said. 

"I have something to tell you. Tomorrow, I'm officially leaving the tennis team." 

I froze in my spot, shocked as to what he said. 

"Why?" Zhou Zhi said, now looking at Xinglong. 

"I don't want to burden the team."

"What are you talking about?"

"I lost the previous two matches."

"So what? Everyone loses sometimes!" Qiao Chen yells out, putting down his chopsticks.

"My family business is too busy. I don't have much time to do training with you."

"Don't tell me playing tennis with us doesn't make you happy." Jiale said, making me blink my eyes as I try to hold back tears.

"Xinglong, you're the only aggressive player on our team. Please reconsider." Yan said, hoping that he would reconsider because I really liked this team. This team was the only team that made me happy and want to continue playing tennis.

"I'm such a mediocre player. If I stay on the team, I'll only cause trouble for you. I don't want to burden you guys." 

"What happened to you two?" Zhou Zhi said, looking at Jiale and Dayong but they didn't say anything. 

"We met people from Xing Yao a few days ago." Lu Xia said.

"Then?"

"We lost to them." 

"Not only did we lose, but we were really bad. How about this then? We'll leave the team together, okay? We'll all quit playing tennis." Jiale said, making me clench my fists from panic.

"I'm sorry. I'm not a qualified to be a player. I can't be a deputy leader." Dayong says.

"Why do you say that?"

"The leader and the coach entrusted me with the team. I think the deputy leader should be someone more capable." Dayong says as Jiale scoffs at him.

"Why do you always do this? We can solve problems together. Isn't it better to do that? Why do you decide right and wrong?" Jiale says as he gets up and walks out.

"Hey, Jiale." Qiao Chen says and tries to stop him but fails. 

"It would be fine if you told us earlier."

"What's wrong with losing a match? Is it abnormal? Not really. Let's have dinner."

"Yeah. Qiao Chen loses very often." Baiyang said, making Qiao Chen glare at him.

"The captain is back. If he was here now, would you say that?" Lu Xia says, glancing at Xinglong.

"Come on, Lu Lian." Lu Xia said as he throws money on the table and leaves. 

"You know... When I decided to join this tennis team, I really thought that this team was going to stick together and not give up... I guess I was wrong." I said, glancing at Zhou Zhi with a tear falling down my face before following Lu Xia out the door.