Chapter 27

The next day, we were all now watching the match between Hai Guang and Yu Feng. I noticed that the guy was the same person from my match not too long ago.

I looked at the screen in horror and I notice that Lu Xia was glaring at him as well.

'Has Lu Xia played with him as well?'

Just then, Qiao Chen interrupts.

"Are they the opponent's we're facing soon?"

"Yes. Hai Guang has held the national championship for two consecutive years. That is their true capability."

"Hai Guang's style of play is truly very aggressive. Even Xu Ziping couldn't hang in there." 

"No matter what, we are already among the national top eight. No matter how good Hai Guang is, I don't want to put too much pressure on you. Just don't let yourselves down, and enjoy the matches."

"The only way to enjoy the match is to win."

"Coach. I'm done collecting data. The probability of winning has now gone up to 5.4%." Yan said as everybody groaned.

"Mm. Good job, Zhiming." 

"Let's try to make 5.4% happen." Jiale said as he took Yan's book. 

"That's what I mean."

"I'm not going to lose."

"I have no problem with that."

"Coach, rest easy. We're confident that we'll win."

"We've gotten so far. Let's try our best together. Don't let Siyang down." Dayong said, putting his fist in as we followed after.

"Good. Let's try our best."

"Go!"

"Let's plan our line up, then."

TIME SKIP

It was now the day of the nationals and we were now lined up in front of Hai Guang and we were now waiting for our matches.

The first match was Qiao Chen with Baiyang. 

The first was was Hai Guang. They did the serve and Qiao Chen was able to return it easily that was until the ball rolled on the net, earning Hai Guang a point.

The next match, Hai Guang won a point again. It started off like that until Baiyang did his Snake Ball but Hai Guang easily returned it, making us miss the point.

Qiao Chen ends up hurting his knee the next match so Baiyang made him use his bandana for now.

The next match, Baiyang uses a short snake ball but Hai Guang easily returns it. Now Baiyang had to keep using his snake ball until Qiao Chen finally uses his Vertical Smash, earning Yu Qing a point.

The next matches, we ended up winning the points until it was the last serve.

The last serve, Baiyang uses a reverse snake ball but Hai Guang returns it, making Qiao Chen approach the net as he does his Vertical Smash but Hai Guang returns it and now Qiao Chen and Baiyang both go after the ball, hitting it at the same time but it hits the net.

Turns out, Hai Guang won the set to 6-1.

Now it was the Golden Partners turn for the match.

The first serve, the Golden Partners started the serve but the next few hits, Jiale gets hit.

"Jiale! Are you okay! Medic squad! Hurry up!" Dayong yells as they pick Jiale up on the stretcher but Jiale managed to be fine and the match continues.

The next match starts and the Golden Partners are doing fine and that's when Jiale gets us a point.

The next few matches, Jiale gives us the next few points.

The next match starts and it was Hai Guang's turn to serve and now Hai Guang gets a point.

Now we were tied with 1-1. Hai Guang in the lead with 2-1 and Jiale was getting drained.

Jiale returns the ball which Hai Guang misses and earns us a point.

Now the Golden Partners are now using the Australian Formation and Jiale gets us a point.

Sooner or later, Hai Guang wins the game with a set of 6-4.

TIME SKIP

After Yan won his game, I grabbed my racket and got ready for my match and all of them looked at me as if I'm crazy but I ignored them. 

(A/N: INSTEAD OF ZHOU ZHI, IT IS GOING TO BE YOU)

I grabbed my racket and stood up to walk to my side of the court but was stopped.

"Lu Lian. Please be careful." Zhou Zhi said, holding my wrists as I gave him a small smile.

"Don't worry. I've played with this guy before." 

Turns out, I will be going up against the guy from last time.

I went to my side of the court and shook hands with Yuan Chi before going to my side of the court.

The first serve was easy which I returned and did a high smash, aiming for his leg but before it hit him, he moved it as I got the point.

The next few serves, I returned the ball with one of my signature moves but he easily returned it which I also did my other move but he returned that as well. 

The match goes on and that's when the wind starts to blow which I smirked in return.

'Try and return this.'

I turned around and did my 'Black Whale' which was the first time I performed that in front of everybody and was also similar to Zhou Zhi's 'White Whale'.

But he seemed to return it so I continued to do my other returns until he finally misses.

"Lu Lian. Have you ever lost a game?" He asked as I notice that his eyes get red before smirking.

"Lu Lian! Be careful!" Dayong yelled out as I got ready for whatever comes.

He did a powerful serve but I barely returned it, making the ball hit the net.

The next match, I returned the ball but with one of my returns. The next thing you know, the ball hits my right shoulder, making me yell out in serious pain as my right arm ache hurts even more. 

I then start to feel faint as every bone in my arm starts to hurt with more and more pain.

"Lu Lian!" I hear Zhou Zhi yell out as I drop my racket as if I couldn't feel anything, especially my right arm.

My vision starts to blur and my head starts to ache in pain as well. 

Before you know it, I fall to the ground and see the other members.

'You only have a few weeks to live.' 

"Lu Lian!"

'I'm sorry I let you down, guys.'

Everything goes black.