Chapter 28

Lu Lian laid on the ground, unconscious as everybody just started at the scene in front of them in shock.

That was until Zhou Zhi and Lu Xia ran up to her along with the others following behind.

"Lu Lian! Lu Lian! Someone call the medic!" Lu Xia yelled out as he realized that she wasn't going to wake up.

Few seconds later, the medics came and put Lu Lian on the stretcher.

"She's going to have to go to the hospital." One of the medics said as Lu Xia and Zhou Zhi looked at Lu Lian's sleeping form before the medics bring Lu Lian to the hospital.

Now, the match had to continue and Zhou Zhi volunteered to take her place.

ZHOU ZHI'S POV

"Lu Lian!" I yelled out as I ran out on the court to see that she was unconscious. 

Few moments later, after Lu Lian is taken to the hospital, the match had to continue so I decided to take her place.

I grabbed my racket and made my way to the court.

The next match starts and I decided to aim for his foot but didn't to scare him off since he sent Lu Lian to the hospital but Yuan Chi moved his knees, missing the ball. 

At this point, I was angry as everybody started to cheer.

"That frightened me. I thought you were aiming for my knees." He said, looking down with a smile.

"You hurt Lu Lian's shoulder right? And it was also you who hurt Xu Ziping." I asked, trying to calm down.

"We are different. To me, there are only the strong and the weak." He said, looking at me with a glare.

Now that pissed me off but I tightened the grip on my racket to try to calm down.

"I know." I said as he went to his side of the court.

The next few matches, I was doing my returns when I suddenly feel the wind blowing so I decided to do my 'White Whale' but he returned it and I did my other return which was the 'Bear Growl' which made him miss.

"Zhou Zhi. Have you ever lost a game?" He asked as his eyes start to go red.

'That is what he did with Lu Lian and Xu Ziping. Now I have to be careful.'

He starts his serve which I returned with ease but realized that it hit the net.

The next match, I start to think about Siyang and the others but I still managed to return the balls easily.

That is until I did one of my signature moves but the next thing I knew, the ball hit my head making me groan in pain as I dropped my racket and held my head.

"Zhou Zhi!" Everybody yelled as I continued to hold my head in pain.

I then start to blink my eyes and start to try and find my racket which I finally found and picked it up, standing up in the process.

I then look up to see that the sun was very blurry so I start to hit my head so that it could go away.

"How do you feel?"

"I'm fine. I can still play." I said, calming her down as I continue to blink, hoping that my vision gets better.

I look at the ball in my hand and look up at my opponent to see that my vision is still blurry but I ignored it and still played.

I took a deep breath and served the ball but he returned it and right when I thought I hit it, I didn't feel anything hit my racket, indicating that I missed.

"Aren't you a genius? Is that all you've got?" He asked but I just ignored it and went to my side of the court.

I then start to feel that my vision is getting worst. I then close my eyes and took a dep breath.

I grip my racket and start to feel the ball coming towards my left so I ran and hit the ball back, sending it back but he returned it and I was unable to send it back, earning himself a point.

I then thought back to where every one of my teammates hurt themselves but still went on.

"This time, I won't run away anymore." I said, my eyes still closed and got ready for the next serve.

I then feel the ball coming to my left so I ran towards it and hit the ball but he was unable to return it.

Now it was my turn to serve. I took the ball in my hand and threw the ball in the air before hitting the ball, indicating that it went to his side but he returned it with ease but the match kept going until he finally misses.

"Game and match, Yu Qing, 7-5." The referee yelled out as I hear everybody cheering.

TIME SKIP

After my match and after my vision regained, I decided to visit Lu Lian at the hospital.

"Jingwu? What are you doing here?" I ask Jingwu as I see him in the waiting room.

"Siyang called and told me to help Lu Lian with the surgery." He said as I look at the emergency room.

"Is she doing the surgery?" I ask as Jingwu nods in response. 

"Siyang knew that Lu Lian wasn't going to do the surgery but he called me to let me help with hers as well since I am helping Siyang with his." He said as I sat down next to him when I suddenly feel something in my pocket.

I reach in my pocket and take out the small box with the ring inside.

"Are you planning on asking for her hand in marriage?" He asked, seeing the box in my hands as i nod in response.

"I was planning on asking her after we win the nationals." I said, looking ahead.

"Good luck. You will get the chance to. Just wait."  He said with a smile as he pats my shoulder before leaving.

"Jingwu." I said as he stopped and turned towards me.

"Thank you." I said with a smile as he nodded in response before finally leaving.

'Lu Lian. You better be awake when you come out of there.'