Chapter 22

Now, we were all gathered at the table at Xinglong's restaurant, celebrating our victory.

"Cheers!"

"Wait!" The coach yelled out as we were about to touch our glasses together.

"Before that, let me say something from the my heart. Just a few words. Just think of it as a match summary. I know that many of you played in the nationals last year. You played against Xing Yao and ended up with pity and regret. So you want to refill your dream this year. You keep on training even when you're graduating this year. And it is the first time for many of you to play in the nationals this year. You are full of expectation and curiosity, not knowing what obstacles you will come across..."

I then feel my head started to ache in pain but I shook my head and ignored it, trying to pay attention to what the Coach was saying.

"But you got through that. You've become a strong team. As your coach, I'm very proud of you. We've had a lot of setbacks, but I believe those experiences will give you new beginnings and will make you stronger..." The Coach continued as my head started to ache with even more pain.

I close my eyes and started to blink for it to try to go away but it didn't work. I shake my head once more and see that the members were starting to eat when the Coach continued to talk.

"That was good and short." Jiale said as the Coach glared at him.

"When did you guys secretly eat the food?" The Coach said as they all stopped.

"Oh. Coach, we didn't eat it secretly. You... Before the speech, you told us to eat while listening, right?" Jiale said as Dayong starts to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because... Because he sounds just like you."

"You think so? Let me do another one." Jiale said as my vision starts to blur.

He then starts to do Yan and imitates him when Yan forces us to drink the Yan-juice.

"Hey, I got another one." Jiale says as he starts to imitate Lu Xia.

"How was that?"

"Not good. Everyone can imitate Lu Xia. Try someone who is difficult to imitate." Qiao Chen said as everybody starts to giggle.

"How do you know he is imitating me?"

"Tell me."

"You can try."

"Easy." Qiao Chen said as he grabbed a spare bandana and starts to imitate Baiyang, making everyone laugh. 

"I've never said that. That's Lu Xia's line."

"What? You want to fight?" Qiao Chen said as Jiale laughs and Baiyang takes off Qiao Chen's bandana.

"Give e my bandana back." Baiyang says as I grab my water and start to drink little by little but ended up drinking the whole glass. 

Siyang goes outside to answer a phone call and Zhou Zhi follows after.

I continue to blink so the pain in my head can go away but nothing was working. 

Just then, Zhou Zhi and Siyang comes back in and sits down in front of me.

I can feel Zhou Zhi and Siyang's gaze on me but I ignore it.

I set my cup down on the table and start to get up but I fall against the table, holding myself up as I gained everyone's attention. 

"Lu Lian. What's wrong?" Zhou Zhi asks as Jiale holds me upright.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I'm just going to the restroom." I said as I move my arm away from Jiale.

"Do you need help?" Ying asks from across the table as I shake my head.

"No. I'm fine." I said as Jiale sits back down in his seat.

Everybody starts to watch me in worry as I try to keep my eyes open. 

I took one more step and the next thing I know, everything turns black. 

"Lu Lian!"

ZHOU ZHI'S POV

When the Coach starts to say something, everybody starts to eat the food since she was still talking.

I glance at everyone when I noticed that Lu Lian was blinking nonstop and she was squinting her eyes.

I glance at her in concern when Jiale starts to imitate the Coach, making everyone laugh.

I then noticed that Lu Lian was now closing her eyes as if her vision was getting blurry but I wasn't sure.

Jiale then starts to imitate Yan but I ignored him and start to attract my attention to Lu Lian.

She was now drinking her cup of water but what concerned me was when she started to gulp it down.

I then notice Siyang leave the table and head outside to answer the call. I look between Lu Lian and Siyang but ended up following Siyang outside. 

It was only for a few seconds until we came back and sat in front of Lu Lian.

I then saw Siyang was glancing at her as well in concern when Lu Lian then starts to stand up but ended up falling which he caught herself on the table.

"Lu Lian. What's wrong? Are you okay?" I ask, standing up to check on her but Jiale beat me to it and held her upright.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I'm just going to the restroom." She replied with a short smile and her eyes almost closed as she moves her arm away from him.

"Do you need help?" Ying asked from across the table.

"No, I'm fine." 

I start to make my towards her and around the table when Lu Lian starts to fall but before she reaches the floor, I catch her as I slowly start to lower her on the ground. 

"Lu Lian!" Everybody yells out as they gather around us. I start to shake her but it wasn't working.

"Lu Lian. Lu Lian." I whisper as I continue to shake her.

"What's wrong with her?" Qiao Chen asked as I start to check her pulse.

"She's still breathing." I said as I checked her pulse on her wrist. 

"It must've came back." Lu Xia mumbles, crouching across from me as he glances at Lu Lian's unconscious form.

"What has come back, Lu Xia?" Siyang asked as we all look at Lu Xia in shock.

Lu Xia looks as every single one of us before finally looking at me.

"Lu Lian's bone cancer."