Chapter 11- What Has To Happen

[What Has To Happen]

Warning, this chapter will contain: Minor gore, homophobic slur, weapons, uhhh arguing??

Todd sent the others out of the room into Larry's. He sighed as he heard he door shut, turning back to the man tied to the chair. Kenneth's face twisted uncomfortably in pain. He inhaled sharply through his teeth, occasionally glancing down at where his thumb used to be. Dried blood was coated around his hand. The bone poked out further then the rest of his skin. Todd gagged as he saw it.

There was a beat of silence as Todd stared at him, contemplating what to do. He paused.   "...Shit." He looked over at the corner of the room. Where Kenneth's revolver was still laying. He swallowed.

  As Todd started the process, Travis had to help Larry sit up on the floor, trying to be mindful of the bandages. He glanced at the door. "What the fuck is he even doing." Larry shrugged and leaned further against Travis. He looked up at him.                                                                                               "I don't really know, but I'm sure Todd's got this shit. Don't stress too much about it." Travis smiled slightly. "Oka-" He stiffened, cutting himself off. Ashley was staring curiously, she grinned. Travis shoved Larry off of him and stood up. Larry blinked. "Well, fuck you too." Travis winced.                                                                                                                                                                                     "I, uh, I'll go check on Todd, I guess-" Covering his face, Travis walked out of the room. Larry stared at the ceiling and sighed. "I don't fucking get this.."

  There was a reason Todd had made them go to a different room, specifically Travis. After he had gotten all of the information he had needed, through much force. His notebook was open on the floor, about five pages filled, front to back. He knew what he had to do. I mean, was there really any other option? They could all pretend they could change this man for the better, or that he'd give up all his plans over this one horrid experience. Or even that this isn't something huge they've stumbled into, not including Travis, who was more or so born into this. Todd knew though. He knew how low the chances of any of that happening was.

  They had to get rid of him. And Todd got stuck with this. The only one he could even think would be okay with doing this would be Ashley, and she was watching Sal and Larry, and Todd still thought Travis, as well. Todd inhaled slowly and raised the revolver up to Kenneth's forehead, holding onto his wrist to steady his aim. Well. His pointer finger hovered over the trigger.

  Kenneth's eyes widened as far as they could go. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" He asked, voice coming out hoarse. Todd closed his eyes, not answering. "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this." He muttered quietly. Kenneth struggled against his restraints. That's when the door to Larry's room opened and Todd almost shot. Travis paused, staring at the revolver.   "What." Todd looked at Travis and backed up, letting his arms fall to his side. He blinked. "Hello, Travis. Uh-" "What the hell were you doing?" "Travis-" "Were you about to fucking kill him?" Travis gestured towards Kenneth.

  Todd sighed, walking to Travis. "I don't think we have a cho-" Before he could finish his sentence, Travis right-hooked him in the face. Todd stumbled back, blinking again. The gun dropped to the ground. He cupped his hands under his nose as blood dripped. "....Ah." Travis stared blankly at Todd, and then Kenneth. A few seconds of tense silence passed. Travis spoke first.                                                                                                                                                                                               "We never agreed on killing him." Todd picked up his notebook, sliding it back in his bag as he talked. "Well, if you had let me finish before deciding to punch me, you would know I don't think we have a fucking choice." He sat down on the couch and rubbed his eyes. "Didn't you literally almost kill him earlier?" Travis shifted from foot to foot, looking down.