Chapter 3- Sweet Caramel Macchiato

Listen to this for good vibes and for the theme of this chapter

Lisa had just woken up from her sleep as the sun shone on the space between her black curtains and it hits her eyes as she rubbed it with her pale fingers. Her back was sore because of hours carrying Lily, just like what Jungkook had expected. If she did ride a bus last night, she might be needed to take painkillers the next morning so she was still glad that he offered them a ride instead.

A smile escaped her lips especially when she was reminded of what her boss said to her last night and the way he smiled at her with his shining eyes.

"I really loved it when you smile Miss Manoban."

I really loved it when you smile Miss Manoban."

"I really loved it when you smile Miss Manoban."

.
.
.
.

She shook her head of the thought. Whatever her boss had told her last night was nothing but just a nice gesture he was showing to her. Lisa didn't have to overthink and over analyzed kindness with love. Not all kind people loved you romantically. They just might as well took pity of your situation. She shrugged her shoulders and went to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Lisa get your sh*t together. He is your boss. My god.

Lisa thought to herself. She needed to start looking at the mirror and have some reality check.

Why would he like you? You had a daughter, remember? He preferred single 'ya know?

Lisa then picked up her toothbrush and brush her teeth like she was trying to take out all her teeth. Sooner she might spit out blood if she continued doing that. However, Lisa needed destruction from her thoughts.

Mission Abort. From now on, we will treat Jungkook as a boss, okay? Only professional relationships are allowed.

Lisa said while she continued to brush her teeth like there's no tomorrow while getting more and more aggressive as the progress of her thought went so much deeper, and more gut level feeling of pain and self loathing as a bitter taste spread around her mouth.

What is love anyway? It's just useless. They promise paradise but after you gave them all, they gave you hell instead. All guys were just the same, anyway.

***

"Lisa?"

She suddenly jumped off the seat. Dara looked at her with worry. Lisa had been looking for the same spot in the last hour while she was cleaning crabs. She seemed to be so lost in her own world that she didn't even notice that Dara sajangnim had been calling her name for 5 times now.

Dara might have thought that she was having a problem. She has eyebags, her lips were wounded due to her extensive brushing and her teeth hurt while her mind was wandering somewhere else. Oh, If Dara Sajangnim only knew the truth.