Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ "Memory" (Book 1), IT MAY HELP TO READ THAT FIRST BEFORE DIVING INTO THIS BOOK. ENJOY!

5 YEARS LATER

BUCKY'S POV

Happiness was the only word I could use to describe how our time has been. It's been easy. I can't remember the last time I felt like this. It took some getting used to but Y/N and I could get some well deserved sleep and privacy. We had a home here. Y/N had full control of her powers and I had my mind back. JJ was growing up very quick too. He was only 5 years old but he looked as if he were 10 and had the mind of a 15 year old. Shuri told us that due to the super soldier serum injected into Y/N, then he was going to grow at an alarming rate and then he should stop physically aging in his 20's because that's when Y/N was injected. It took us some getting used to but he is in perfect health and I've been spending a lot of time with him in training. Y/N and I have also spent everyday together and it's been..amazing to say the least. Each day we learn something new about each other. Whether it's a new memory or something small like a new favorite food. She also has taught me love. She has taught me to love myself in more ways than one. She assures me everyday that I am not the monster I was trained to be and that my body isn't a weapon and it's a "treasure", as she likes to call it, which makes me laugh every time. Every moment we share is special and I value every moment because life moves very fast.

I was overlooking Wakanda on the balcony that Y/N and I had in our room and I felt a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Good morning Sergeant." I heard Y/N's sultry morning voice say.

"Don't start something you can't finish, doll." I told her with a smirk. I raised one of my arms and she moved next to me. She went on her toes and we kissed. We both looked out at the view and JJ playing soccer with his friends.

"He's happy." She said.

"I know." I smiled.

"Ya know the other day he asked me why he needed to train if there was no fight." Y/N told me.

"Did you tell him-"

"I told him what I always tell him. That is for precautions because you never know what's gonna happen." She said. I nodded and looked over to him again.

"Have you talked to them?" Y/N asked.

"....no." I admitted.

"Bucky you told me you were gonna talk to them a week ago." She said.

"I know I know I just.... I don't want to bother them." I told her.

"They're you're friends-"

"Half of them tried to kill us."

"The least you could do is call Steve." she said. I sighed and then walked back inside, and she followed.

"Buck...I wouldn't be doing this if I thought it was wrong." She said.

"I know.." I said, sitting at the edge of the bed. She walked over and stood between my legs, looking down at me.

"All I'm asking is that you call them and update them. You don't have to invite them over if you don't want to. You don't have to tell them anything you don't want to but...maybe let Steve know that he has a god child." Y/N laughed.

"I just don't want to be thrown back into that life." I said.

"And you don't have to if you don't want to. You know I would walk through fire with you so whatever you decide, I'll be on board."

"I don't want to put that life on JJ."

"And neither do I if I don't have to. But just...talk to them." She said before kissing me. I stood up, keeping our lips locked and cupped her face. She then pulled away, breathless.