Chapter 9

Chapter 9

We were finally eye to eye with him. Thanos. Seeing everyone else in fear didn't give any comfort either.

"What the hell..." I whispered.

"No matter what happens...." Bucky said, with his eyes forward.

"Bucky..." I started.

"Just know it's always been you. You've been the reason behind everything I've done since we've met."

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Steve said, charging towards Thanos.

"Don't-" Bruce then made his way to Thanos, but then he was thrown back and encased in the rock behind him.

"I know this isn't the time, I know. But please...we have no choice now."

"Buck stop!" Then Steve and T'Challa got thrown by Thanos.

"You said..we would stick together. You can't do this right now!" I cried. Sam tried to go for Thanos, but got thrown to the ground.

"Y/N I have to do this-"

"Do you see what's happening to everyone else?! Please don't leave me right now!" I said, letting my tears flow.

"Wanda... it's time." Vision said.

"No." She responded.
"Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone-"

"Don't."

"You must do it, Wanda. Please." He said. Thanos was showing no fear in what he was doing. He had nearly all the stones. There was nothing we could do. Wanda then stepped back and let her powers into the stone. We watched as she cried trying to destroy the stone. I grabbed on to both of Bucky's hands, making him look at me.

"You said if I ever needed you that you would be there for me. Well now is that time, James. I need you." I said, making sure to use his real name.

"Y/N..."

"I don't care if I'm being selfish. I can't have it end like this. I can't" I sobbed.

"Look at me. Look at me!" He said, holding my face in his hands. He pulled me in for a kiss and I could feel so much love and power behind it.

"I love you.....and make sure......... you tell JJ that I love him." He said before letting me go and running towards Thanos.

"NO!" I screamed. He began shooting at Thanos and the bullets just ricocheted right off. Thanos used the power of the stones to throw bucky to the ground. He did the same to Okoye and Natasha. I was alone now. I looked at Wanda as she was focused on Vision. Thanos was getting closer and closer now. I looked as Bucky just laid there, showing no signs of life. I had to push my feelings aside, knowing my son was still alive and hiding. I stood in front of Wanda as I made eye contact with Thanos. I then saw Steve get back up and attack Thanos. Thanos went in for a punch, and Steve actually caught it in his hands and was pushing back. Then, with his other hand, Thanos punched Steve, sending him to the ground forcefully. My heart dropped. I looked at Wanda who was now using the force of both her hands to destroy the stone. I let the fire gather in my hands and once he stepped close enough, I shot my powers right at him, making him shield himself with the glove. I let out a long blood curdling scream as Thanos got closer, making my powers stronger. I was using all I had and then some. It was beginning to hurt me but I kept powering through. Just then, we all fell to the ground with a force. Wanda destroyed the stone. I laid there on my back, looking at the blue sky. I was only a couple of feet from Bucky. I slowly sat up against a rock and saw Thanos approach Wanda. My whole body was in pain. I looked over to Bucky and saw him start to move. I was immediately overcome with relief.

"Now is no time to mourn...now...is no time at all." Thanos said, walking passed Wanda. I watched as he powered up the glove with the stones. He was reversing time. He slowly put Vision back together. Wanda and I could just watch.

"NO!" She screamed but Thanos pushed her away. He grabbed Vision by the neck and tore out the stone. I looked past Thanos and saw JJ peering behind a rock. I looked at Thanos who was already set on JJ.

"NO DON'T!" I yelled. I got up and hit Thanos with my powers before he sent me flying back too.

"MUMMA!" I heard JJ yell. I was on my back again with no air in my lungs. There was nothing I could do. Thanos had all the stones. Suddenly, Thanos was struck by Thor's lightning. Thor then came down and hit Thanos in the chest with his giant axe. I felt a hand on mine and looked over to see Bucky. We couldn't say any words and all we could do was comfort each other.

"I told you....you'd die for that." Thor told him before pushing his axe deeper into Thanos' chest.

"You should have......you should....." Thanos choked out.

"You should have gone for the head." He finished. We saw Thanos raise the glove in the air and snap his fingers.

"NO!" Thor screamed.

Everything went white. It was silent.

Once my vision went back to normal, I was met with the blue sky again. I caught my breath and sat up. I was still next to Bucky. We stood up and he just analyzed each other, making sure we were okay. It was still quiet. Thanos was gone. We looked around and everyone was getting to their feet.

"Where'd he go?" Steve asked, walking over to us.
"Thor....Where did he go?" He asked again. Thor didn't answer. I looked around once more.

"JJ?" I asked quietly.
"JJ!" I repeated as a yell.

"Mumma!" I heard him yell as he ran over to me. He collapsed into my arms as we cried.

"Uhm...Y/N?" I heard bucky say. I couldn't focus on anything besides making sure my son was okay. I kissed his forehead and then released him.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah I'm okay....where's dad?" he asked. Confused, I turned around and couldn't see Bucky. There was just dust flying around.

"Bucky?" I asked, standing up. That's when I saw his gun on the ground.

"Buck!" I yelled. I looked over to Steve who had a look of disbelief on his face.

"Steve, where's Bucky? He was just here." I said, lost. Steve walked over to where the gun was and put his hand to the ground.

"Steve. WHERE IS BUCKY?" I yelled, making sure he heard me. He didn't answer. I looked out to the field and saw a bunch of Wakandan warriors just....disappearing.

"What..." I sighed. I then saw T'Challa disappear. Then Wanda.

"Sam! SAM WHERE YOU AT?" I heard Rhodey yell.

"Mumma what's happening..." I heard JJ ask.

"I don't know I-..." I turned to see JJ's arm begin to disappear.

"JJ..." I said.
"Mom what's going on?" He asked, panicked. All I could do was watch him disappear. And he was gone.

"What is this....What the hell is happening?" Rhodey asked. I saw Nat look over at me.

"Oh no..." She said. All of the remaining Avengers turned to look at me. I stammered to my feet and looked over the now vacant field. They noticed I had lost Bucky and JJ. I could feel my whole body getting hot. Then, feeling weak, I fell to my knees and screamed. I was the only sound. I let it all out. Fire shooting from my hands to the sky, removing the leaves from the trees above me. I was in pain. A lot of pain.
"Oh god..." Steve said. We lost them. We lost everyone