Chapter 7

Y/N's POV

We were all now in a hover car flying towards the battlefield inside the dome. I held Bucky's hand tight as we flew towards our destination.

"Has it set in yet?" I asked Bucky, still facing forward.

"Not quite." He sighed.

"...What are we gonna do, Buck." I asked, already seeming defeated.

"Well...we're gonna fight...and then everyone is gonna see us get married." He told me. I looked up at him and he was doing his best to hide his fear with a smile. I grabbed his face and brought him in for a kiss.

"You need me, no matter how big or small, you know I'll be there..." He whispered to me. I nodded and let out a big sigh as faced forward again. I couldn't shake my nerves if I tried. We then saw Bruce in his HulkBuster run onto the field, but then trip over a small rock. I tried to muffle my laughter as I saw Okoye look at him in disgust. We finally landed and quickly went into formation. Seeing what landed in Wakanda up close was terrifying as they were like 50 foot tall ships.

"Jesus Chirst..." I sighed. I saw these weird alien creatures slowly come out of the ships and get in a formation outside of the dome. T'Challa, Steve and Natasha walked to the barrier to talk to those in charge on their side. I grabbed the necklace I was wearing and opened the locket. It held a picture of Bucky, JJ, and I. Bucky looked down and saw me looking at it. He leaned down and kissed my head. I closed the locket and put it back in my suit.

"I love you guys!" I heard in my ear piece. It was JJ from back at the tower.

"I love you baby." I said, smiling.

"Ready to do your job, bud?" Bucky asked.

"I'm at the look out spot daddy." JJ to Bucky. We then saw the ships open up and these dog creatures came out. Steve, T'Challa and Nat came back and stood with us.

"They surrender?" Bucky asked.

"Not exactly." Steve told us. We then saw the creatures come hurtling towards us.

"What the hell?" Bucky whispered.

"Looks like we pissed her off.." Natasha said.

"You think?" I said. We saw the aliens claw their way through the barrier but they were dying in the process.

"They're killing themselves.." Okoye said. For the few that got through, the warriors started shooting at them, as did Bucky. Everyone else stood their ground. That's when we saw the aliens outside the dome start to go around the outside.

"Steve..." I started, wanting to know if I should step in.

"Not yet.." He told me.

"YOU SEE THE TEETH ON THOSE THINGS?" Sam yelled as he shot the aliens from above.

"Alright, back up, Sam or you're gonna get your wings singed." Rhodey said before dropping explosives on the perimeter of the inside of the dome.

"Cap if these things circle the perimeter there's nothing between them and vision." Bruce said.
"Then we better keep them in front of us." Steve said.

"How do we do that." Okoye asked T'Challa.

"We open the barrier." He said.

"On my signal, open south west section 17." He said to Shuri through the ear piece.

"Request confirmation, my king.. You said open the barrier?" She asked.

"On my signal." He responded.

"This shall be the death of Wakanda..." M'Baku sighed.

"Then it will be the noblest ending in history." Okoye said.

"Guess we can't run away now, huh?" I said to Bucky. He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. He gave it a final squeeze and we both took a deep breath. Steve powered his shield, Bucky cocked his gun, and flames filled my hands. That's when T'Challa stepped forward.

"WAKANDA FOREVER!" He yelled. Everyone then charged forward, ready for the war. Steve passed all of us and leaped into the fight with T'Challa. Bucky and I stayed close, almost working together. I shot steady flames out of my hands, instantly killing any alien that was in my way. Once my path was clear, I turned around and helped Bucky with the ones around him. There were so many I kept turning around to see more and more. I screamed as I let out powerful flames as they took a lot from me. When I turned around i saw one of the aliens knock down Bucky and get on top of him.

"BUCKY!" I screamed. I saw him slip out his knife and tried to get the creature off of him. Continuing to kill what was in front of me, I used one of my hands to kill the alien that was on Bucky. I shot it off of him and he quickly grabbed his gun and got up.

"LOOK OUT" he yelled before shooting right passed my head and killing a creature that almost got me. There were so many creatures that every time I looked around, everyone was getting attacked by the aliens. It seemed useless. Just then, Thor was on the field, basically saving our asses.

"Come and get some space dogs!" We heard someone say. We looked down and saw a Racoon with a gun. Bucky picked him up and they both shot from their guns. Bucky and I were back to back as we killed those around us. Finally, when the coast was a little clearer, Bucky dropped the racoon.
"How much for the gun?" He asked.

"Not for sale" Bucky responded.

"It can talk?" I said in disbelief.

"Better believe it tuts." He said to me.

"Watch it." Bucky said, killing other creatures.

"How much for the arm?" He asked. Bucky and I just looked at him and then walked away, rolling our eyes.

"It really just gets weirder and weirder, doesn't it?" I said to Bucky.

"I'll never get used to it." Bucky said, cracking a smile, giving me a sense of comfort.

"Mumma...I think there's something under the ground." We heard JJ say to us.

"What?" I asked. Suddenly, all felt silent as we heard faint rumbling form underneath us. Just then, these weird wheel machines came up from the ground and started bulldozing anything in its path.

"Oh come on..." I sighed.

"You go. I'll help Steve and Thor." Bucky said.

"You said we would stick together." I told him.

"I'll be fine, trust me. They need you." He said. I didn't want to leave him but I had to trust him. I took a deep breath and ran towards Nat and Okoye. I ran in front of them and that's when Wanda landed next to me.

"Go!" She shouted. We both separated our hands and with our combined powers, the machines lifted to the air.

"Now!" I yelled. We both slammed our hands down and the wheels tore apart and fell to the ground, demolishing the aliens. Nat and Okoye looked at us, amazed. I high fived Wanda as we caught our breath.

"Why was she up there all this time?" Okoye asked.