Chapter 3

Y/N's POV

We were now sitting in our bedroom with JJ. Bucky has been basically lecturing him about everything he needs to know about the Avengers. Bucky has been doing all the talking and I've been standing by the window.

"And now they are coming here and you mom and I need to help them save people." Bucky finished. JJ sat there absorbing the crazy information he has just been given.

"You okay, bud?" Bucky asked, sitting down next to him.

"So...Mister America-"

"Captain" Bucky laughed.

"Captain America....is my uncle?" JJ asked.

"Uh, Yeah." Bucky said. JJ nodded and sat in silence. Bucky and I exchanged confused looks and then JJ jumped off the bed and faced us.

"Am I a super person?" He asked. Bucky was about to answer but I chimed in.

"Do you want to be?" I asked.

"Well, yeah! That would be so cool." He said. I couldn't help but smile at him. I walked over and kneeled down to his level.

"We can have Shuri check you out if you want to know." I told him. He nodded in excitement. Both Bucky and I knew he had abilities but we didn't want him to know until he was older but things happen.

"You're okay with this, bud?" Bucky asked.

"I'm super cool with this!" He exclaimed, making both of us laugh. I stood up and collected myself, Bucky could tell I was getting emotional.

"Hey JJ, why don't you go play outside. We'll meet you out there." Bucky said.

"Okay! Love you!" JJ said to us before running out the door.

"Well, that went better than I thought it would go." Bucky sighed, coming over to me. My head fell to my chest and I began to cry.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong? Look at me." He said, lifting my chin.

"I-...I'm just so worried for him." I said. He bought me in for a hug.

"It's okay...he'll be okay. He has you as his mother, remember?" He told him. I caught my breath and walked back over to the window, looking out to see JJ play without a care in the world.

"I just don't want his world to change. He's....He's so happy." I said. Bucky walked over with me and watched JJ play.

"The world is always changing. Unfortunately, this is going to be his new normal. Maybe it's better we told him so young, that way he has time to adapt and learn. Regardless, he now knows his family. He can start learning about the world and all the good the avengers have done."

"And all the bad." I said.

"There's good and bad in everything. It took me a while to learn that...you taught me that." he told me. I turned to look at him and his hands cupped my face.

"You and JJ are the most important things in my life. If there was even a sliver of fear in me, I would tell you. I am here for you both. No matter what happens with the world, know that I love you and I will walk through fire for you." he said. He then brought me in for a kiss. When we pulled away, I sighed.

"You always know the right things to say, don't you?" I smiled.

"I don't mean to brag." He smiled, making us both laugh.

"We should probably get back to the lab.." I said.

"Yeah.." he agreed. We looked out at JJ one more time before he grabbed my hand and held it as we walked back down. When we walked back in, all eyes were on us again. Burce stood up and looked concerned.

"We're in." Bucky told them. They all sighed with relief.

"How much time do we have?" I asked.

"There's no way of knowing. It could be tomorrow, it could be next week. We just have to be ready." T'Challa said. I reluctantly nodded and Bucky squeezed my hand for reassurance.

"James.." Shuri spoke up.

"I know...I know." he said. He let go of my hand and then kissed me. He walked over to the chair next to Shuri. He got strapped in and she set up the big metal machine for his arm. It reminded us both of his time with HYDRA. I could feel the tears well up in my eyes and I had to leave. Bucky always made sure I was never in the room anyways because he told me he never wanted me to see him like that. I left the lab and went outside to meet JJ. He ran over to me with open arms.

"It's my super mom!" He yelled. He crashed into me with a hug. I fell over and dramatically hit the ground for his sake.

"You just took down your super mom!" I laughed. He then flexed his arm muscles, making me laugh.

"Where's dad?" He asked.

"He's uh, he's in a meeting with T'Challa." I told him. I sat up and then walked with him to the big willow tree at the end of the field.

"So how did you get super, mom? I mean dad told me about what the bad hydro guys did to him, but...what about you?" He asked.

"It's HYDRA" I laughed, " and they kinda did the same to me. They gave me my powers against my will and it almost cost me my life. Now those guys, are the bad guys. The Avengers are the good guys." I told him.

"So...what's gonna happen in a few days? Why does the world need to be saved?"

"Uhm...I'm not exactly sure...I just know that they need our help."

"Are you scared?" He asked me.

"...yeah, I am." I said.

"But you're a hero! Hero's don't get scared."

"Well, your mom does." I smiled.

"Don't worry mumma...daddy and I be there." he said, carelessly as he traced his finger through the dirt. My mouth hung open. I didn't know how to tell him that he couldn't help.

"Y/N!" I heard Okoye yell to us. I leaned back to show I was with JJ. She got the hint.

"The uhm- meeting is over." she said. JJ then raced for the building to go back inside. I let out a sigh and got up to join him.

"How is he handling this?" Okoye asked me when I got to her.

"Well, he hopes that he's a superhero.."

"Well that's good."
"And he thinks he's going to be helping with this battle." I added.

"I see." She said.

"Yeah...I don't know how I'm gonna tell him he's just so excited." I said.

"I wish you luck with that."

"Thanks for the pep talk." I laughed.

"I don't know how to talk to children." She smiled.

"And you think I do?" I said, making us both laugh.