Chapter 5

Y/N's POV

We walked down to the common area and saw everyone running around.

"What's going on?" I asked myself. We walked over to T'Challa and Okoye who were waiting for us.

"Y/N, James. The Avengers are on their way now." He told us.

"Today?!" I asked.

"There is no telling when to expect this war, but we must be ready. Together." He said. I immediately walked away from them.

"Y/N!" Okoye yelled but I didn't answer. I walked up to JJ's room and I saw him playing video games.

"Morning, mumma!" He said.

"Hi baby." I said. He paused his game and turned around.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Oh no- I-uh-"

"Are the bad guys coming?" He asked. I didn't want to lie to him anymore.

"Yeah they are.." I said.
"Should I get ready?" he asked me.

"JJ, come here." I said, sitting on his bed. He walked over to me and sat down.

"What's happening .... Is going to be very dangerous. Mommy and daddy have to do this...without you."

"What?"

"JJ I can't have you out there. It's too dangerous and I can't guarantee protection for anyone, including myself. I don't wanna risk you." I told him.

"But I'm a superhero..I wanna help!" He exclaimed.

"I know baby, but-"

"No! I'm fighting!"

"JJ please-"

"Im fighting!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT AND THAT'S FINAL!" I said, louder than I expected it to be. He looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"JJ...I-" I grabbed his hand but he snatched it away and ran out of his room. When he opened the door, Bucky was standing there, looking as if he was about to knock on the door. JJ brushed passed him and then Bucky looked at me.

BUCKY'S POV

I saw Y/N ran away from T'Challa and I.

"Where is she going?" He asked.

"She's going to get JJ. We just thought we would have a little more time." I sighed.

"So did we. But they should be here within the hour." He said.

"Okay."

"I had a guard deliver new tactical gear to your room for you and Y/N." He told me.

"Thank you."

"Which by the way...uhm...surely it's none of my business, but..your bedroom-"

"You're right, I don't think it's your business." I said, nervously before heading to Y/N. I walked up to JJ's room and I heard Y/N and him talking.

"I'm fighting!"

"NO YOU'RE NOT AND THAT'S FINAL!" I heard her yell. She's never yelled at JJ so even I was shocked. The door opened and I saw him run out and down the hall. I looked back at her and her head was in her hands.

"I'm guessing that didn't go well.." I said. She looked up and she was crying.

"Aw baby." I said sitting next to her. She fell into my arms and cried.

"I can't have him out there Buck. I can't." She told him.

"I know and he won't be. We will make sure he stays inside and away from everything. I'll go talk to him." I told her. She sat up and started to dry her eyes.