Chapter 8

JJ's POV

While I was in my lookout area, I heard a bunch of crashes from the room next to me. I ran into the room where Shuri and Vision were and there was an alien guy hurting them. I know my parents told me not to fight, but they also told me to protect everyone. I grabbed a Wakandan spear that had been thrown in my direction and went after the guy. I cut his leg and then he threw me to the side. I then saw Shuri close her hologram and blast the alien with her gun. However, that didn't work as he threw her down to the floor, breaking the table and shattering glass. I them saw Vision get up from the table and I knew they didn't want him on the field so I tried my best to grab him. I managed to catch his cape, but Vision then body slammed the alien guy out of the top floor window, pulling me out with them.

Y/N's POV

Everything seemed to get more and more hectic. I made my way back to Bucky while still fighting with Wanda, since we had similar powers.

"Hey guys we got a vision situation here!" Sam said. I looked back to the tower and saw Vision tumbling out of the window with JJ holding on to him.

"JJ!" I screamed. Bucky's eyes shot over to the tower and saw what I saw.

"NO!" Bucky screamed as we both ran in that direction. The motherly instinct kicked in as I used the full force of my powers to kill anyone in my way.

"Somebody get to Vision!" Steve yelled.

"On my way!" Wanda answered. I looked back and saw her get hit by one of the female aliens.

"Shit!" I yelled. I felt compelled to go to her but I knew I couldn't.

"Go." Natasha said as she ran past me.
"I got her." She added. I felt safe as Natasha tended to Wanda.

JJ's POV

My body hit the ground with a force but I didn't seem to be hurt. The wind was knocked out of me but that was about it. I watched as Vision got attacked by two big monsters. I ran in front of him and put my fists up to fight.

"JJ..." Vision choked out.

"I got you. You'll be safe." I said, catching my breath. I heard the two monsters laugh before I saw Bruce in his HulkBuster machine land in front of me.

"Oh no you don't." He said. Just then I saw Bruce fly away with the bigger monster about a mile away. I then remembered everything that my mom and dad taught me. I got behind the alien guy and kicked the back of his legs until he was on his knees. Then, I jumped up and put him in a choke hold. I grabbed his spear and stabbed him in the side, making him cry out. He then grabbed the spear from me, threw me off of him.

BUCKY's POV

"Guys! Vision needs back up now!" Bruce exclaimed.

"WHERE'S JJ?" Y/N yelled.

"He's trying to fight!" Bruce said.

"Shit!" I sighed as we kept running in his direction. We made it through the trees and saw JJ fly off the aliens shoulders and Vision get stabbed in the abdomen.

"JJ!" Y/N yelled. She ran to him and he was unconscious.

"Wake up baby, wake up please!" She said, gently shaking him. Just then, Steve ran out and tackled the guy.

"Get outta here!" He yelled to us and Vision. I picked JJ up and ran to put him in a safer spot. I put him down and he was slowly gaining consciousness.

"M-Mumma..." He groaned.

"JJ! Hey hey stay with me." Y/N cried. His eyes opened and he smiled at us.

"Did I get him?" He asked.

"Yeah, buddy...you got him." I told him with a laugh.

"Yes!" He sighed, pumping his arm. Once I saw that JJ was okay, I looked back to see if Steve needed any help. The alien guy had him pinned down.

"Stay here." Y/N said.

"Where are you-"

"I said stay!" She said once more. JJ and I watched as she ran to help Steve.

"What's mommy doing?" JJ asked.

"I don't know." I answered.

Y/N's POV

I ran over to see that Steve was being choked out by the monster. I noticed that he didn't have his spear on him. I looked to my left and saw it on the ground. I picked it up and stabbed it through his back, sending my flames up the handle of the spear and through his body. He screamed in pain as I then threw him to the side, killing him.

"Go Mumma!" I heard JJ yell. I looked behind me and saw Bucky's impressed face. Steve picked up Vision and I helped him prop him up.

"I thought I told you to go.." Steve said to him.

"We don't trade lives, Captain." Vision said.

"How's your son?" Vision asked me.

"He's fine, don't worry about him." I told him. We set him down as Wanda ran over to us.

"Are you okay?" She panted as she knelt beside him. Bucky and JJ walked over to me.

"You alright?" Bucky asked me.

"Yeah I'm good.." I sighed as I hugged them both. Just then Vision groaned loudly in pain.

"What? What is it?" Wanda asked.

"...He's here." Vision said. Just then, everything fell quiet. There was only the sound of the leaves in the wind.

"Dad...I don't like this.." JJ warned.

"I know....neither do I..." Bucky said as we exchanged a look of panic and confusion. We looked to Steve who was thinking of what to do next.
"Everyone in my position. We have incoming." He said. We were then joined by Sam and Nat, who looked just as confused. I knelt down to JJ.

"JJ listen to me carefully, I need you to run and hide, okay? No matter what you hear, I need you to stay hidden. Once it's safe, Bucky and I will come find you. Do not leave where you are until we tell you to. Got it?" I told him. He was hesitant and I knew he didn't want to leave but he knew that he had to. I wiped his tears as he nodded. I kissed his forehead as he ran and hid behind a rock formation near the water. I walked back over to Bucky and held on to his hand for dear life. We all looked around in silence before we saw a grey cloud start to form a couple yards in front of us. Just then, Thanos walked through.

"Cap...That's him." Bruce said.