CHAPTER 5

They walked to the parking area and Shehnaaz uncovered her jeep. She sat on the driving seat and Sidharth looked at her in amazement. He said, “Tum drive karogi and that too a jeep.” She widened her eyes and said, “Toh tum kya chahte ho ke main ab drive bhi na karun…” He gave her a “What” vala look and said, “When did I say that I don’t want you to drive? I was just a little surprised that you like jeep’s and all…” She smiled and said, “I like doing a lot of things which I am able to do only once in a while and at that time also the security is all around me...I don’t like people keeping a watch at my actions the whole day…” Sidharth gave her a positive look and said, “Don’t worry, we’ll sort all this shortly… Your dad is just over-protective about you which needs to be changed… Everything happens slowly and it will happen because thinking is not permanent, it can always be changed.” He sat on the passenger seat when a guard came and said to Shehnaaz, “Where are you going ma’am? As per sir’s order you are not allowed to go out without two guards… Wait, let me send the ones who accompany you regularly…” She immediately replied, “Mr. Mathur, wait… No need to go to dad… I have already spoken to him about this… Sidharth will be accompanying me today and not any guard…” Mr. Mathur said, “Ma’am still I’ll have to check with sir as no notice has been sent to the gate…” She made a disappointed face which didn’t go unnoticed by Sidharth. The guards opened the gates after getting a go ahead from her dad, she drove out of the house and was unusually quiet…
Sidharth initiated the conversation by saying, “You were about to tell me something when that security guard interrupted… Tell me now…” She gave a faint smile and said, “The thing is not about the guards accompanying me. I am okay with it till an extent. The point is that no one trusts me; not even the security guard at the gate. I told him that I have got the permission but no, he had to get that confirmed.” Sidharth saw the disappointment in her eyes and said, “Shehnaaz everything can’t change in a blink. Things will improve slowly. Today, your dad allowed you to go with me without the guards. Similarly, tomorrow he will allow you to go out alone and after a month to do your dream job…Coming to what happened at the gate just now then don’t you think that it was that guard’s duty and he was just abiding by the instructions he has been given?? If he would have instantly given you a nod to go out with me then what about his job??” She smiled in agreement and they reached the Dargah in their deep conversations…
They removed their slippers, covered their heads, washed hands and entered the premises… After praying at the mosque they met again at the Dargah. Sidharth came a few moments after Shehnaaz and saw her tying the sacred thread of prayer there. She turned around and saw him looking at her with curious eyes. She said, “Actually you didn’t come so I thought to stay here for a while and pray...Let’s go…” They settled down in the jeep and she started driving. He asked, “I have heard that whoever ties the thread there and prays their wish gets fulfilled… What did you ask for??” She replied, “Freedom to live my dreams…” He smiled and said, “This would surely happen soon…” He again asked, “It seems that you come here often…” She gave a peaceful smile and said, “Yes, I get peace and satisfaction here… There’s purity and freedom in the air of the mosque… I feel that I have started breathing once I go there… It has all the positive energies I need… I think that Allah also wants me to live a few moments out of the 24 hours in a day…” Sidharth looked at her and said, “HOPE is the solution to all your problems. Hope for the best for yourself and you’ll get the courage to fight for it…” She opened her handbag, took out a small diary and gave it to him. She said, “You’ll find the reason for my still being half alive but present hope in this. Read it only if you are comfortable reading too much stuff.” He smiled and gave her a pen drive while saying, “This has very selective songs that I listen to when I am at loss of motivation and peace. Listen to them only if you want to…” They both gave each other a wide smile at this. That night they could sleep very peacefully after ages…. Shehnaaz listened to those songs again and again finding her home in them while Sidharth read that diary having all quotes and found a relaxing vibe in it. She slept with those songs played on her laptop in a very low volume while he slept hugging the diary close to him. That was probably the best night they had in the past few years. Sidharth who keeps on running in life found something in that diary which told him to take a pause, calm down and relax as you can’t do everything in life; something definitely has to be left behind with no regrets. Shehnaaz who keeps on fighting for freedom with no hope found tons of things in the lyrics of those songs that told her to never stop living and trying because of something which isn’t made for you.. Those songs told her to break all bars and fly. Those songs gave her positivity. Those songs gave her a reason to smile. Those songs told her the real meaning of freedom and bliss. Those songs filled a void in her in some way. That was it… It was truly a new beginning… It was the sign that tomorrow they would start fresh and do as directed by their inner self….
To be continued….
Excited for some quotes and songs to come up in the next part?? What will happen now after this conversation?? What will Sidharth do to make a new and hopeful Shehnaaz??