CHAPTER-9

Shehnaaz was sleeping peacefully when she woke up suddenly due to constant bangs on her door... She got out of bed saying, "Who would it be this early in the morning?? It's just 5 AM!!" She opened the door and found Sidharth standing there with hands folded against his chest... Seeing him she said in an irritable voice, "Tum itni subah yahan kya kar rahe ho and why were you banging the door so loud??" He simply held her hand without saying anything and pulled her to the car... She couldn't say anything when they were walking through the corridors as anyone could wake up hearing their voices... As they reached the parking area, she left his hand with a jerk and said, "Tum mujhe yahan kyun laye ho and secondly can't you see that I am in my nightdress... Uppar se ye konsa tareeka hua subah subah kisi ko uske room se neend mein kheench ke lane ka..." Sidharth replied, "Kab se tum hi bole ja rahi ho... Mujhe bolne ka chance toh doh... Your dad is right that you don't have patience... Hum abhi ke abhi ghat pe ja rahe hain... Kyun? Kya? Ye sab mat poochna because we don't have time for all that right now...We are getting late..."
He unlocked the car, opened the door of the passenger seat and pushed her in without letting her speak any further... He started driving and the moment they exited from the gates, she said, "Sidharth why is the guard not with us?? Dad will be angry if he gets to know about all this... Also, why didn't the security didn't stop us at the gate?? You didn't even let me change... Yaar I couldn't even comb my hair... Hum aise kahan ja rahe hain... Ab tum kuch bologe bhi..." He smiled and said, "Tum kuch bolne dogi tab toh main kuch kahunga na..." She immediately said, "Toh phir ab bolo fatafat..." He laughed at her antics and said, "First of all, your dad won't say anything because now you can go anywhere all by yourself... This message has been conveyed to the security yesterday itself by your dad... I know, now you might be thinking how did it happen? So, Ms. Gill yesterday when you went to your room for packing I had explained your point of view calmly to your dad and he said that now he will try to be lenient with you... He will support you for your dreams and he understands that everyone needs the freedom to choose for themselves after an age... He understood that your happiness is more important than what reputed society will think about them as a business family... I showed him some news clippings regarding the kids of business families who achieved a lot in life by struggling independently... Sometimes a third person's point of view goes well with people and that's what happened yesterday..."
Shehnaaz was surprised at whatever he did for her as it was a very big thing for her as a person who had been caged in a golden palace for years... She was just looking at him with a slight smile on her face amidst moist eyes.... She was quiet for sometime and then she said, "I don't have words for whatever you have done for me Sidharth.... I think that even 'Thank You' won't be enough at the moment... You gave me the biggest gift of my life..." Sidharth looked at her and said, "There is no need for your thank you as I do everything for the people I consider as my family and abhi tak tumhe tumhara gift completely mila kahan hai... Just wait and watch... Ye sirf beginning hai... There is a lot for you to explore and experience... I am sure that you'll love the next few days..." She could just smile and nod her head in agreement as she was totally lost in the moment... She had mixed yet happy feelings... She suddenly said, "Par hum ghat pe ja kyun rahe hain and I couldn't even change yaar..." He replied, "Kyun?? Ye tumhe vahan pohonch ke pata chal jayega...Also, tumne proper t-shirt and pyjama daal rakha hai Shehnaaz and early morning you don't need to look like a model... Rahi baat tumhare hairstyle ki toh apne haath pe bracelet ki tarah pehne hue band ko nikalo and use it for tying your hair in a ponytail..." She laughed and did her hair...
They reached the ghat and walked hand in hand till a place from where the view could be seen properly... Sidharth told her to count till 10 and then appeared the most beautiful view of sunrise in front of her eyes... She was feeling peace looking at the rising sun, the sky in an orangish shade and the relaxing light winds were passing through her face making her feel satisfied from within....

She held Sidharth's hand and said, "This sunrise is depicting the beginning of a new chapter of my life..." Sidharth smiled and they went to the nearby tea stall to get themselves refreshed by having the piping hot tea... As the tea was served Shehnaaz said, "Tumhe pata hai I simply love this Tapri ki chai..." Sidharth looked at her in confusion and said, "Tapri ki chai matlab..." She replied, "Kya yaar tumhe tapri ki chai nahi pata... Arrey jo chai iss bade vale aluminium kettle mein banti hai aur garam garam in chotu kanch ke glasses mein serve hoti hai usse tapri ki chai bolte hain... Aisi chai meri favourite hai because of it's simple taste par dad ki vajah se main zyaada ye pee nahi pati thi... English tea and all you know..." They laughed and gave each other a high-five...
They reached home and saw Rajender ji reading the newspaper with a cup of tea in his hand in the hall. Rajender ji saw them together and asked, "Arey aap dono ye itni subah kahan se aa rahe hain..." Shehnaaz replied, "Vo actually dad aaj meri jaldi aankh khul gayi thi and I saw Sidharth going for his early morning jog toh hum sath hi chale gaye... Meri bhi walk ho gayi issi bahane..." Rajender ji smiled and said, "Acha chaliye ab aap dono ready ho jayiye kyunki phir breakfast ke baad aap logon ko nikalna hoga flight ke liye..." They smiled and went to their respective rooms....
To be continued.....
How will Shehnaaz's Paris tour go?? Will she finally be able to feel real freedom?? Will there be a growth in Sidharth and Shehnaaz's friendship?? Will their bond grow stronger with time??