9: Unexpected

Mom?

You open the letter carefully, wondering what the contents may say. You slide the paper out of the envelope as you sit down on the bench, placing the envelope on your lap. You hear the faint pitter patter of rain drops start as you unfold the paper.

Great, now I can't ride...

It reads:

(F/n) (L/n),

Life without your father is unbearable for me, so I will be leaving.

If you hadn't had been born, all of this would have never had happened. I am tired of dealing with you and living without your father. I am going to be joining your father and I am leaving you here to deal with all that you have done. Do not be a burden to anyone else while you suffer, it will only add on. Make good grades or else.

Good luck, (M/n) (L/n)

Tears drip onto the paper as I look down at it, trying to comprehend what it means.

~Kyoya's POV~

I type away on my laptop at my desk in my room, adding up all the week's expenses. My phone starts buzzing on the desk, making me sigh. I check the contacts to see the twins faces and the name: Hikaru.

"What is it this time?" I ask as I scroll through the club's website to see how many people have ordered the newest Tamaki pamphlet.

"Have you heard anything from (F/n)-chan? She won't answer our calls or texts," Hikaru whines but sounds kind of serious.

"No. She is entitled to what she wants, in case you two have forgotten. It is the weekend, so she may still be in bed or busy. She was sick after all," I mention and hear them whine through the phone.

"Yeah, but she always answers," Hikaru complains.

"Yeah, and she isn't supposed to get out of bed so she shouldn't be busy. We're going to go check on her. Bye Kyoya," Kaoru says then hangs up the phone. I sigh and continue with my work and start planning a dance to help a regular customer as Tamaki had requested.

\Hikaru's POV/

Kaoru and I dress in casual clothes. Him in a light grey shirt and black jeans, and me in a red shirt and white, ripped jeans. When we go to leave, the time reads 3:25. We decide to walk so we grab our umbrellas and head to her house.

"Do you think her mom is home?" Kaoru asks sullenly while fiddling with an extra umbrella we brought.

"I hope not... She said she tends not to get home until late," I mumble back. He nods and we knock on her door. The door swings wide open to reveal a tall, old man with a very worried expression.

"(F/n)! Where have you-" he pauses when he realizes we're not (F/n). "Oh, who might you two be?"

"We're the Hitachiin twins, (F/n)'s friends," Kaoru says awkwardly under the older man's gaze.

"Oh, okay then. Please come in. By any chance do either of you know where (F/n) may have gone? She went to ride this morning but she hasn't come back and no one can find her," he says sadly, leading us to a room with couches. We've searched all the rooms but can't find her."

"You guys haven't seen her either? She won't answer any of our calls..." I say. "We can go look for her out back," I say, hooking my arm with Kaoru's. The man nods and we head outside with our umbrellas.