11: Mitsue

"Yay!" Mia yells, coming up to Mitsue.

"Oh look, another shortie. Where am I, the home of dwarfs?" he jokes. I jab him in the ribs to which he cowers back slightly.

"So, what are you in for?" Mia asks with her hands on her hips. "Break a vase and got kicked out again?"

"No, not quite. I was told to check up on (Y/n)-chan though," he says in a cheerful tone, then looks down at me with a grim expression, to which I look away uncomfortably and step back a couple steps. He quickly changes back to smiling. I feel an arm on each of my shoulders, now being a common gesture that I'm used to. "Oh? Who are you two?"

"The Hitachiin brothers, Hikaru and Kaoru. And how about you?" they ask.

"Mitsue Hanamaka," he replies. The twins examine him and I feel them draw closer to me.

"Guys, it's okay," I tell them but they still do not move from my side. I glance at Mitsue and see that he has a look of amusement on his face as he stares at them. I let out a sigh, grab the twins' hands, and lead them back to the table. "Mia, come on, eat. Mitsue, you should eat too. I'm assuming you didn't eat anything yet."

"Yep, thanks (N/n)," he says with a wink and sits across from me. I roll my eyes and see one of the butlers bringing Mitsue a tray of food as well.

"How come he gets to call you that?" the twins complain into my ear in hushed voices. I lightly shove their faces away.

"I never said he could call me that, he just won't listen. Let's eat," I tell them a bit too angrily. They both poke my cheek, asking what was wrong.

"Here it comes..." Mia says barely above a whisper and covers her ears. She smirks in the twins' direction at their confused faces.

"Why can't you all just shut up?! Maybe I would like to do what I want! Get the hell out!" I yell, glaring at Mitsue and pointing at the door. He just smiles slightly and leans back in his chair, acting as if nothing is happening, which makes me even more angry.

"And you two! When did I even say you could just barge into my house?!" I yell at them with my hands on my hips. They both sweat drop and look at me with a scared expression. "And you," I say, pointing to Mia, "you stay. Boys, out, NOW!"

The twins are frozen in place as I glare at them. I feel arms snake around my waist and a chin rest on my head.

"You know yelling won't do anything. It only shows you need me here even more," Mitsue whispers.

"F*ck you..." I mumble, wiping away the tears that threatened to spill over.

What did Honey and Mori tell me? Please let this work...

I kick right below his right knee, causing him to falter and loosen his grip. I get out of his hold only for him to pull me back down with him.

"Did you really think I would let you get away that easily? I was sent here to get you, not to play around. Why can't you just be a good girl like when we were younger?" he asks as he picks me up bridal style. He sets me down on my chair between Mia and one of the twins.

"I don't want to..." I whine and glare up at him, only to see a satisfied look on his face.

"You know you're Aunt Menko wants me to bring you to live with her, so stop being like this," he says, keeping his cool.

"And you know I don't like her. She won't even let me read the books I like," I pout and play around with my fork.

~Hikaru's POV~

"This should be entertaining," Mia says and rests her chin on her folded hands with a lazy smile cast in the direction of the two arguing.

"What's going on? Who even is he?" I ask her.

"Oh, I'm surprised she hasn't told you about Mitsue. He's basically her boyfriend. They were when they were kids at least, and are still pretty close. I guess her aunt wants her to live with her because of all this. Doesn't want her to live here alone, ya know? Oh yeah, he does do some dirty work on the side so that's why she broke up with him. Not that I would mind anyways~" she says, smiling at Mitsue.

"Come on, please? For me?" Mitsue asks with a pouting face.

"Like hell I will! That lady is a psycho! I'm not wearing some crazy big dress! Jeans! I need jeans!"

"I'm sure you two could work something out."

"Liar! You've seen how she is! I'm not living with her even if she did have a (f/a) (favorite animal)! I need my fan fictions, my anime, my books!"

"You don't need-"

"Yes I do!" she yells, throwing her napkin at his face. "I am a free woman, and I'm not going to live with that stinking lady!" she says finally and plops back down into her chair and shoves a mouthful of food in her mouth.

"You go girl," Mia says and claps.

"Uh, (Y/n)-chan?" Kaoru asks hesitantly. She snaps her head around to us and tries to soften her expression.

"Hm?" she hums, not making direct eye contact.

"You okay? Need a break?" I ask. She just shakes her head and leans on Mia's shoulder. Mia pats her head and after a while they both  fall asleep.

Aww, they look so peaceful...

Just then Mitsue gently picks up (F/n) and starts to carry her off outside. Kaoru gently repositions Mia so that she's laying. We both follow them outside.

"What are you doing with (F/n)-chan?" I ask rather harshly. He turns and she cowers into his chest as the rays of sun shine on her face. He turns so that the sun is no longer in her eyes and looks at us both with an emotionless look.

"Look, I'm just doing as I was told. It'll be better for her if she lives with her aunt that staying here alone."

"We can check up on her. We live right next door, about a mile away. We're in the same classes," I tell him.

"And I'm sure Mia would be happy to check up on her too. She still has Ruby and Hatake to take care of her," Kaoru mentions.

"I'm just following orders here, no need to get all defensive. What are you two to her anyways?" he asks, pulling her closer to him. A car pulls up behind him and out step none other than the one and only.

"Where is my daughter?! Daddy has been worried sick! Mommy, where is she?! Honey, Mori, check the house! Daddy's coming!"

I sigh in annoyance and Kaoru smiles and shakes his head.

"She's right here boss. Be quite though, she's asleep," Kaoru says. Tamaki runs up and takes her from Mitsue without hesitation and runs inside with her, setting her down on a couch with the rest of us host club members following him. Honey pats her head, smoothing her hair out of her face with a sad smile, Mori standing behind him.

Kyoya places Mia next to her and they immediately hug onto each other like little otters or koalas. I feel a tinge of jealousy as I see (F/n) snuggle with Mia.

"Mommy, what should we do?" Tamaki asks in a sad tone.

"Perhaps the dance coming on Monday will cheer her up. We should let her rest for now," Kyoya says. He repositions his glasses just as Mitsue comes into the room with an aggravated expression. "For now, we should determine who he is and what he wants..."

Sorry it took so long to publish, school😅 Also, sorry that it's pretty short. I haven't really been able to come up with much and am tired.