What is happening?

Shalini shouted and ran to her. "What happened? How all this happened?" Shalini shouted, but nobody was in a state of answering anything.

Kavya was in a severe shock stage, and Ruchi almost fainted by colossal blood loss and pain. I immediately took a towel and placed it on the wound, held tight, and tried to stop the bleeding. In the meantime, Shalini made some phone calls and called an ambulance.

We took them to the nearby hospital immediately. The medical staff took Ruchi to the emergency unit and started treating her. Kavya was still shivering and crying. Shalini and I were still confused and, at the same time, was tensed of wondering what had happened. Kavya was not saying anything, and she just became unable to speak up a word. She was in deep trauma. Doctors took her to a cabin and made her sleep for a while. Ruchi was in a severe condition, and doctors started treating her.

Meanwhile, Ramu kaka came to the hospital and asked what happened.

After listening to everything, he said: "I told you before not to go backyard at night, it is too dangerous. That witch came and took Ruchi madam's arm.

"What the hell, how can it be true, there was no witch," I retorted.

"No, madam, there is a witch, I have already warned you before," Ramu kaka said in a shivering voice.

"But it can't be true, how can a witch all of a sudden come and take out Ruchi's arm," Shalini said.

"I don't believe in all these things, let's go and ask Kavya what had happened, she is the only witness, she knows everything," I said.

Shalini: "But she is in deep trauma; she is not in a stage of telling us anything."

Ramu Kaka said: "I know madam, you people do not believe in all these things, but this is true, I know, you can ask anybody from the village, everybody knows about that witch, so people do not prefer to go outside after sunset."

Shalini and I did all the hospital formalities and went to the waiting area and sat on the chair. Few people were sitting there, and I saw their faces, they were the families of maximum patients, all of them were sitting there silently with a sorrow face and a confused look, waiting for some extent of good news about their respective relatives.

Both me and Shalini were also very upset. It was going so well, and all at once, things just turned around the clock.

We sat there for an hour or so then suddenly a tall man with a white shirt and white pants came towards us and said: "Hey, Shalini beta, what happened?" "Uncle Suresh," Shalini said and jumped out of her chair and went towards the person and hugged him and cried.

I was not sure, but by looking at them, I guessed he was Shalini's uncle, owner of that farmhouse where we were staying. I saw Shalini was saying something to him, and I imagined she might be explaining the whole scenario that happened there.

They both moved towards me, and Shalini introduced me to her uncle. "Hello beta, don't worry, everything will be fine, don't be afraid," he said very politely. I felt delightful while talking to him. He was a tall, polished handsome man in his late 50s with a very charming personality, and I felt good by his presence.

Suddenly a nurse came and said Kavya came to her senses; three of us rushed towards her cabin.

"Hi Kavya, are you okay now? I said. She nodded her head but could not say a thing and just started crying again. We assured her and somehow managed to make her calm down and asked her what exactly happened there and what she saw there.

Kavya said: "After going to our room, we chatted a little then went to sleep, we were already drunk and was drowsy. I felt that someone is there outside our window, but that time I thought it was just my misconception, and as I was drunk, I imagined things.

I ignored it and put the lights off, said Ruchi goodnight, and lay down in one corner of the bed, putting my back towards Ruchi. She was already sleepy and just fall fast asleep as soon as she lay down on the bed.

After few hours, suddenly Ruchi started screaming so loud that I woke up, I turned around, and I was horrified by the sight which I saw, one of her hand cut down, she was loaded with blood and screaming out of pain.

I saw a white shadow went outside of the window. It was so dark I could not see anything and went to a deep shock by the sight which I was witnessing". She started crying again. Three of us were traumatized by the story, which she told us. We were confused, shocked at the same time was horrified; I was not able to understand what is happening.

*********