The witch

"It is becoming difficult for me to believe in all those witch stories, and I think we should inform the police." I said to Shalini.

She sighed a little and said: yes, we should, but if we inform the police now, then they will interrogate Kavya, so we should consult and discuss with her first as she is the only eye witness of the whole thing and right now she is not in a condition of saying anything to other people."

Shalini was correct in a way, and if we inform the police now, Kavya will get into trouble.

We kept on discussing, almost half an hour passed, we realized Kavya is alone upstairs, so we should be with her. We stood up to move towards the room; suddenly, we heard a loud voice, and Kavya started screaming like hell.

We ran like anything to reach the place we opened the door and saw a horrifying sight in front.

A cloud of blood flooded on the bed, Kavya was loaded with the blood, screaming, crying out of pain, one of her legs was missing, cut down till the thigh. Shalini immediately took out a towel and placed it on the wound and hold it tightly, and shouted to me: "get a move on, call the ambulance and call Suresh uncle."

I was numb, and I could not speak up a single word, the ground beneath me was suddenly upside down.

"Hey Avani, can you hear me, be quick get an ambulance immediately" Shalini shouted again. I was shivering in fear, but somehow, I managed to make some calls and ask for an ambulance immediately.

We made Kavya admitted to the same hospital, and doctors said she is in a severe condition, and she too had to undergo some major surgeries.

We signed all the consent papers and did all the formalities. Suresh uncle helped a lot as this time, Shalini and I were in a deep shock.

We were just traumatized. I was so confused with the whole scenario, I could not find out anything, my brain was blank, everything surrounding me was turning around so fast, I was shivering, and I got a blackout, rest I could not remember anything.

I woke up after a few hours; I found myself in a hospital cabin bed. There was no one in the room. I was thirsty, and I saw a glass of water on the table, I stood up and took the glass and drank a sip of water.

"Hello Avani beta, how are you now" "I am fine, Suresh uncle; where is Shalini? And how are Kavya and Ruchi?" I asked anxiously.

Suresh uncle said: "Shalini is trying to contact Kavya's husband, and yes, Ruchi is better now. You don't worry much, take care of yourself"

"How can I not worry uncle, I am not getting what is wrong with the house, and who is doing all these things" I said.

"I think Ramu is right; all these things are happening because of that witch. He had warned you not to go outside at night, but you guys didn't listen to him, and all these things are happening,"

Suresh uncle said. I kept silent. I could not say anything and just asked where Shalini was. After a while, a nurse came inside the room and asked Suresh uncle to leave, as I needed some more rest, Suresh uncle left the room silently.

I kept on thinking about the things that happened in the last two days. I was so confused, I tried to focus and feel for any clue, but I could not think of anything.

It was all puzzled up, and I was not at all ready to believe that witch story. I was disturbed thinking about Ruchi, and Kavya, at the same time, was worried about Shalini and myself.

I lay down in the bed, thinking deep and deep but could not solve this mystery anyway. I closed my eyes, and I felt drowsy might be due to the drugs. I went fast asleep.

**********