The uncle

"Namaste, sir, when did you come?" Ramu kaka said, "Sir, I have already told madams about that witch, I even warned them before also, but nobody believed me," He said to Suresh uncle. "But uncle, how can it be true, how can we believe in such a thing," Shalini said to her uncle.

I supported her and said: "in this century, how can we believe that a witch attacked Ruchi, it can’t be true, there must be someone who entered the room through the window and attacked Ruchi.  I think we should complain to the police department."

"Why would someone attack Ruchi without any reason and even without stealing anything from the house," Suresh uncle said. Surprisingly, it was true, if someone wanted to steal anything or do any hamper, they could do in other ways, why it came and just cut down her hand and took it away without any reason. There had to be something.

Suresh uncle said: "It is difficult to believe, but there was a lady in this village a long time back, she used to perform some black magic by sacrificing human body parts.

During that period, a lot of murders happened at night, and in the morning, people find their dead bodies without a specific body part, for example, someone's leg is missing or someone's hand.

After a few months, when village people found out about that lady, they caught her and hanged her to death on that tree near the lake where you guys were enjoying the night before. Now people say at midnight, her evil spirit always used to come to that tree, and if somebody disturbs her, she took out one of their body parts."

I could not believe whatever I heard, it was challenging for me to feel in all these things, but I was wondering the fact was actual that why would someone just come and attack Ruchi, take out her hand and go. I was so confused. 

The doctor discharged Kavya, as she was fine by the time but Ruchi was in a severe condition, she had to undergo few surgeries, we informed her parents about the things, we made Raju kaka stay with Ruchi for few hours and went to the farmhouse for taking some rest. We were exhausted and was running out of energy.

After feeding Kavya, I made her sleep in my room, she was still shivering and could not sleep, but I managed somehow to make her sleep. Suresh uncle and Shalini were downstairs. After a while, I went downstairs and sat on the couch.

Suresh uncle said: "I think I should leave now, I know it's difficult for you guys to stay alone here, but don't worry I will go to the hospital first and send Ramu here to stay with you guys for the night, in the morning again we will meet in the hospital. If anything goes wrong, do inform me,"

"Yes, uncle, you go, you don't worry, we will take care of ourselves," Shalini said. Suresh uncle left the house. Shalini and I sat on the couch and started discussing the whole thing.

*********