C H A P T E R 4

/ 𝕮𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖔 /

/ 𝕮𝖚𝖆𝖙𝖗𝖔 /

VIVI

   "H-how are you, Professor Vivi?"

I can feel the tension between Miss Patricia's words as she asked that of me. I don't know why she looks so uncomfortable to be with me right now wherein fact, I think I should be the one feeling that. What she did months ago, it's still vivid inside my head. I don't think I can forget it actually. It was all too shocking and sudden for her to act like that when I haven't done anything wrong.

"Ayos lang naman ako. How about you, Miss Patricia? It's been months." magalang kong sagot at nagbigay ng isang mahinhing ngiti.

Still, I didn't want her to feel bad too much. Even though I find her actions in the past absurd, I'm still concerned for her well-being. Looking at her right now, she looks really tired. Did she go through something terrible?

"I... am fine as well. Uh-uhm, I just... I just didn't expect you to uhm... you know... be here and all," she had a clear voice, but it won't stop stuttering. Her eyes are looking everywhere but mine as she spoke. Bahagya akong nalungkot sa pinapakita nitong reaksyon. Am I too uncomfortable to be with?

We're in my office right now. I asked her if we can catch up privately since I felt like she didn't like conversing when my students were still with me because of the way her face twitched upon looking at us. She looked extremely terrified earlier and seemed like she might die on the spot that got me entirely confused. Because until this time, I don't understand how she manifested such horrendous reaction.

"Miss Patricia, if you're feeling uncomfortable with me, we can talk some other time when you're ready. And please rest. Para kasing pagod na pagod na po kayo. Don't worry about me, I've already forgotten about what happened—"

"T-that..." pinutol niya agad ako at binaling na ang mga mata sa akin. "...I came to apologize for that. What happened months ago, you have to forgive me." napapaluok niyang pahayag.

I have to?

"Miss Patricia, it's already long forgiven," I awkwardly said, scratching the back of my head. The way she apologized, it didn't really get to me, nor did it sound sincere. But I'm done with all of that. There's just one thing that I must know.

Napababa ang tingin ko sa sahig. "But may I ask why did you do that to me? You literally shoved me on the ground and left me alone."

"I did that because I... didn't know."

"You didn't know what?" nagtatakang tanong ko.