C H A P T E R 12

/ 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖊 /

/ 𝖉𝖔𝖈𝖊 /

PATRICIA

   I was busy. I really had matters to attend to.

   There was no time to act timorous amidst the haunting stares of the students around me after the wide release of a certain scandal that directly involves my identity as a head professor in this distinguished university I'd rather call a hellhole.

   Initially, there were important tasks I must thoroughly involve my attention with to lessen catastrophic events that may happen and at least ensure safety for the sake of other people who possess no strength to survive in this world. Like that poor man; for that pitiful professor whom I have learned to adore but can no longer touch forever.

   Yes, I was that busy. I was busy protecting myself, other people, and him, if I may call it. From day to night, my body works as if it's the only thing it knows. What lingers beyond my capability is unknown because I only know responsibilities that are presented before me.

   I repeat, I was busy.

   Yet... how the fuck did this happen to me?

   "Perhaps I may have startled you? No matter, I'll say it again. Professor Patricia, I offer my sincerest apology for what I have done to you."

   Stephen, this vicious man, stood before me in public and utter words I fail to fathom even the slightest.

   Barely 10 minutes ago, I was on my way to class. Tightly clutching the folders in my arm, I expected to have a normal day as I walked down the hall towards my department. I guess minus the provocative stares from students whenever they see me, yeah, I guess you could say it's a normal day.

   But what's happening right now is beyond normal, beyond my comprehension.

   Stephen, one of Professor Vivi's students, unexpectedly blocked my way and apologized to me... in public! Not in my office, not in anywhere private, but in public where students literally halted on their feet from the curiosity that arose upon seeing Stephen talk to me out of nowhere.

   Him, of all people.

   "Hey, are you seeing this?"

   "I'm not blind, bitch."

   I could hear almost every student whispering around us which made my body colder. Being attacked like this, I was startled and couldn't move at all. Heck, I couldn't even open my mouth to respond when he started apologizing to me in crime! I just couldn't process any of it. I am utterly speechless.