C H A P T E R 9

/ 𝕹𝖚𝖊𝖛𝖊 /

/ 𝕹𝖚𝖊𝖛𝖊 /

—————

Excerpt from:
They Adore the Witch, 2009
a novel by Anonymous

Chapter 9

   "We're not trying to harm you. Please, believe us. How could we harm the person we cherish?"

   The witch kept glancing at both sides with a trembling body, her eyes appeared to be perplexed at the situation she found herself in. Her fuzzy mind was never a distraction to her peace, yet how did it became a storm to subtle words her co-villagers when they speak?

   "Don't believe them," said the man with feline eyes. His eyes looked too dreamy that no one could ever imagine what kind of darkness lurks behind that shine. "They are trying to harm you, don't you see it? But we will keep you safe. We will set you free and you can roam around the world as you please. That is what makes you happy, is it not? We will glady abide by it."

   Those words touched her heart that was clutched tightly on great fright. She carefully looked at everyone, and they were offering her hands to which side she should take to attain her desire to flock her wings up in the sky.

   "Please... take our hands... and you will be home."

   And so the witch moved her feet, lifted up her hand, and took the man's arm.

   Little did the witch know that the aftermath of her decision...

   .

   .

   .

   "Ano namang kinalaman ng mga kaklase niyo rito? Stop spouting such things, and let's all put this talk nicely after you finish your tests! Gawin natin itong masinsinan, please..." I was secretly choking on my lungs as I said that. Why wouldn't I be? Their faces are getting gloomier as each second pass as I speak, and I know it would lead to no good.

   "Masinsinan?" nakangising turan sa akin ni Travis. Kita ko ang kakaibang pag-usbong ng galit sa kanyang mga mata at punong-puno iyun ng gigil. "Tell me, professor Vivi. Did you even let us explain our sides? You just fucking believed them and the proof is right here, you fucking trembling!" sigaw nito na ikinapikit ko sa takot. Mas lalong kumabog ang puso ko sa kanyang mabagsik na tono.