01

CHAPTER ONE!

( HARRY FREAKING POTTER )゚

゚.☆*✷・.✧゚・゚.☆*✷・.✧゚

She couldn't remember the first name she had, or much about her past self, but she did remember with great clarity the day that her new life began.

It was all very confusing at first, so many voices around her, to the point that at first, she wasn't sure she even understood what was being said.

Her eyes were not opening no matter how much she tried, and she felt strangely small and fragile. Something warm and soft wrapped around her body, and she could feel herself moving, although no effort was being done on her part for that. The first thing she actually remembers hearing and understanding gave quite a lot of context to the situation.

"Why isn't she crying? Aren't they suppose to cry quite a lot when they're born?" The voice was clearly from a man, and other than the British accent that she detected, the clearest thing was that his tone was nothing short of complete panic.

She didn't register the answer given by whoever the poor frightened man had directed the question to, since her mind entered a state of disbelief after processing the words since she quite clearly was not a newborn baby. Or least she wasn't before.

"Give her to me, please." A new voice sounded, tiredness intertwined with a sense of excitement, and it didn't take long for her to feel gentle arms holding what she now knew to be her body in the form of a newborn. "Oh, she's gorgeous."

It was then that all the effort she'd been putting in opening her eyes gave result, and the sight that greeted her was more then enough to quench any doubts about her current situation, even if it was a bit blurry.

The woman holding her smiled brightly at the sight of her daughter's eyes, and tears gathered in her own.

"Hello, my dear Gardenia."

It was at that moment that she decided to react in the only way she could, a definitely ineffective way to deal with the situation but unfortunately all she had at the moment, and a small part of her also wanted to somehow calm the man that was still panicking about her lack of noise.

She, now apparently Gardenia, after getting as much air into her small lungs as she possibly could, cried with everything she had.

— ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—

Adjusting to her new life was relatively easy, and to anyone who looked, she was an angel of a child. Always easy to manage, never waking at night and effectively ruining her parents' sleep, only crying when she needed something such as a diaper change or food, and sometimes when her father looked like he was about to cry from the lack of crying she did.

Said man, apparently named Jake, or possibly Jacob, she wasn't completely sure yet, was at rather a loss when it came to how to be a father, so Gardenia decided that whenever he looked too unsure of himself, she would cry. Sure, at first he entered a rather alarming state of panic, but by the fourth month of her existence, the fact she settled down rather quickly after he picked her up gave him a certain level of confidence in his parent skills.