09

CHAPTER NINE!

( QUIDDITCH )゚

( QUIDDITCH )
゚.☆*✷・.✧゚・゚.☆*✷・.✧゚

Gardenia absolutely loved Quidditch.

She had never been a very sports enthused person in her previous life, finding most of them boring to watch and too difficult to perform herself, but in this life, she was obsessed with it.

She had received her first broom at age five, and after a month of being completely terrified about falling to her death from the five feet height the child broom rose to, Gardenia came to love the activity. There was something about flying that made her feel so carefree and happy, when she was in the air she forgot all about her responsibilities and the burden of knowing how some of the people around her would meet their end.

When she first became close with Fred and George, and consequently the whole of the Weasley family, Quidditch became even more ingrained in her life, the mock matches played with the red-headed kids a staple of her early childhood years. She even started teaching Ginny how to ride a broom and helped her break into the shed where the brooms were stored when her older brothers didn't want her to play with them(some misguided notion of protecting the youngest, which Gardenia knew would come back to haunt them in the future if Ginny went pro).

One thing she didn't know, however, was what position she was good at. Shed never felt drawn to any of them, not like Fred and George's eyes shone from the first moment they heard they could be a team within a team, or like how Charlie was a natural seeker, drawn to the snitch and liking the individuality the position brought. She usually played as a chaser, the most abundant position and one they always needed in the mock matches, but she wasn't a chaser, not in the way the twins were beaters and Charlie was a seeker.

Heidi, on the other hand, knew perfectly what position to play. The girl was a beater through and through, and in Gardenia's opinion, it suited her quite well. She couldn't beat people in her day to day life, so at least she had the opportunity to discharge her anger when beating a Bludger in a game.

The current captain of the team was Phillip Cadwallader, a sixth-year with dark hair and an olive complexion, along with an impressive physique, courtesy of years of training. He seemed nice enough, if not a little too easy-going, according to Nymphadora. Her cousin thought maybe a little more tough love could improve the team, but Phillip seemed to be of the 'as long as we have fun' mentality.

Gardenia was glad for that though, at least it seemed she and Heidi would not be laughed out of the field for being first years.

"So, the way tryouts work for our team is anyone who wants to try out for any position, even the ones already occupied, is allowed to," Cadwallader began, standing in the middle of the pitch facing the group of students from all ages hoping to join the team. "If there aren't any people trying out for a position already filled, the current team member stays by default. Otherwise, the performances will be compared against each other, today's stats for whoever is trying out against last week's stats for the team member."