06

CHAPTER SIX!

( HOGWARTS )゚

( HOGWARTS )
゚.☆*✷・.✧゚・゚.☆*✷・.✧゚

Gardenia was feeling very anxious.

Her eleventh birthday had been a week before, and she still had not received her Hogwarts letter. No one seemed particularly worried about it, both her parents didn't even bring it up, which was expected, considering they had zero doubts about their child's magic abilities, but that only made Gardenia feel even more nervous.

The truth was, she had never done accidental magic. Such bursts of magic were due to emotions not being controlled, which was very common with children, but since she had the mind of a somewhat grown person, that meant she was very much in control. Sure, she was still capable of feeling like an absolute mess, but whatever it was that made someone prone to accidental magic, she lacked.

Or maybe she was a Squib. At this point, she was inclined to believe that over just being an emotionally aware person. But to her parents, she had been doing magic every time she had a vision since they had no clue that was a hoax. So even if she went to them and expressed her concerns, they would not make sense in their eyes.

So she settled for quietly panicking and praying to whatever entity reincarnated her that she would have magic, otherwise, it would be hard to explain how on earth she could predict the future, not to mention, being a muggle when you knew magic to be real would be very disappointing.

Gardenia was sitting outside of the Burrow, on her knees over a bed of flowers where Molly had requested she plant a few new buds since she had what the woman liked to call a green thumb. Molly had tried to give the task to her children, but she found that every single one of them ended up killing the plants, old and new. Gardenia didn't mind the task, she was glad to be of help and she was always happy to spend her time gardening. It seemed she had been aptly named, having flowers for her first and middle names. At times she wanted to be rubbish at gardening just so she wouldn't let destiny have that little laugh, but she adored the activity too much to truly be resentful of the quip.

She was also glad to be alone, recently she wasn't in the mood to socialize, the excited chatter about Hogwarts being grating when one was tortured with the possibility of not having magic.

"What has gotten you looking so down?" The inquiry came from George, who sat beside his friend.

"Nothing, I'm just concentrating so the flowers don't die."

George laughed. "You could plant those flowers with your eyes closed. And you usually do it with a smile, not a frown," she could feel his gaze, even though her eyes were still on the flowers in front of her. "What's wrong?"

Gardenia was very good at lying, she had to be, but when faced with a concerned friend she had a hard time doing so.

"I haven't gotten my letter yet," she admitted, in a low voice.