03

CHAPTER THREE!

( DREAMS )
゚.☆*✷・.✧゚・゚.☆*✷・.✧゚

Gardenia's efforts not to befriend Fred and George Weasley ended up not really working out, because, in the one year and a half that had gone by since her first meeting the two, she had found herself in their presence a lot.

Their parents had started scheduling play dates for them not long after Bill's birthday, and it seemed that in their minds they were already best friends.

The thing was, Gardenia didn't have the heart not to go along with it. She knew she could act moody and sullen so her parents would get the hint and stop putting her in the same room as the Weasley twins, but the first time she had done that, the plan very firm in her mind, George looked like he was about to burst into tears, especially when she refused to take the plushy he offered from his hands. It seemed she had a heart made of butter, and Gardenia couldn't make children cry even if it would be in her benefit to do so.

And so it began, her friendship with Fred and George. She mostly just looked out for the two troublemakers to make sure they wouldn't end up maiming themselves or others, but she had to admit, it was entertaining to be in their presence.

From the time she had been born as Gardenia, she found herself being bored quite a lot, after all, there was not much to do when you were a baby. But when she was with the twins, she constantly found herself amused by their antics, even if it exasperated her greatly when one of them would try to do something so stupidly dangerous it almost gave her a heart attack.

Time passed relatively fast, and before she knew it, it was 1981.

She would be three years old soon, the 17th of January to be more specific, but this year meant everything would change.

She was not oblivious to how the adults around her acted, she knew there was a war going on, even if she technically was not supposed to. She had caught snippets of conversation before being noticed, and she could still read, which meant sneaking peaks at newspapers that laid around since neither of her parents found it necessary to hide them very well, considering that to them she was illiterate.

Neither of her parents was a part of the Order of the Phoenix, but her father worked in the Ministry, and he apparently gave some information on the side to Order if she was guessing correctly. Her mother had left her job in the Diagon Alley in favor of remaining at home for the time being since her blood status put a target on her back, and she did not have the advantage of working in one of the better-protected areas of the wizarding world as her husband did, infested with spies or not, the Ministry wouldn't be attacked any time soon. She was glad that they weren't directly involved, she felt more at ease knowing that the chance of them being killed was less significant that way.

However, other people that she, unfortunately, had started to care about, were directly involved, and even worse, were fated to die before the end of the year.