4

"How long have you liked me?" I asked.

"Funny seeing you here," he said.

"Answer me. Now," I demanded.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, a puzzled look on his face.

"Don't play dumb with me, Shaw," I said. I started fuming.

I couldn't believe he was trying to play dumb after he said that stuff to me. "Then why did you threaten me? Why would you care about me hanging out with Mulder otherwise?" I asked, trying to control my anger. He looked at me with a serious expression for a couple of seconds, and then smiled. He was getting on my nerves.

"Oh Y/n," he chuckled, starting to step forward towards me. "You're still as clueless as I remember."

'What? What does he mean by that?' I thought to myself.

"What do you mean? I figured out your little secret," I said, starting to panic a little. He continued to step forward, and soon we were face-to-face. "Why were you following me?" I asked.

"To see what your little boyfriend is like. You two are really cute together, you know," he said with a smile. "But seriously, why him?" Tanner asked.

"Because he's not you!" I shouted. I immediately ran out of his room, and out of the house. All I knew is that I never wanted to see Tanner ever again.

I quietly tried to sneak back into my house, but when I opened the door, I saw my brother with his hand firmly on Mulder's shoulder.

"What the heck were you doing in my sister's room?!" He yelled.

'Shoot, this isn't good,' I thought.

"Y/n! Thank goodness you're home, I just found this guy snooping around in your room," he said with a victorious smile.

"What are you doing?! He's my study partner!" I yelled at my brother. His smile of victory instantly faded away, and his expression quickly turned into embarrassment.

"Oh, um... sorry," he said timidly. After that he ran off to his room.

"That was close," Mulder admitted.

"Yeah, good thing I came back at the right time," I smirked. "Why were you snooping, anyway? What did you find?" I asked, looking at him.

"Uhh... nothing?" He said. I giggled, and he did the same.

~A Couple of Hours Later, it's now Night time~

"So... what do you want to do?" Mulder asked me.

"Look at the stars." I said. He agreed, and we got a blanket to lay on the grass. We went out to my backyard, and I quickly laid the blanket on the ground, and Mulder and I laid down next to each other.

"Space, isn't it beautiful?" Mulder said.

"Absolutely," I replied, crossing my ankles. I was probably enjoying this more than I should've. I inched a little closer to Mulder, so that there was about an inch of space between us. I was so lost in the vast beauty of the sky, that I didn't notice Mulder looking at me until I looked away for a second.

"Why are you staring at me?" I smiled. He snapped his head back up at the sky once I spoke. "Mulder," I said, "Why were you staring at me?" I asked, giggling.

"I was just thinking about something," he said. I looked at him with the look of 'yeah, right.' "What? I wasn't lying," he said, "I was just thinking about how beautiful you are," a smile appeared on his face.

"You what?" I laughed.

"Did I say that out loud?! Oh jeez," he said, covering his face with his hands.

"Mulder, I— don't know what to say," I smiled.

"Please just kill me now," he uncovered his face, looking back at me.

"It's okay, Mulder."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that, well... I like you."

"Really?" He sat up, looking at me with surprised eyes.

"Yes, dummy," I chuckled.

"I like you too," he smiled.

Then I looked into his eyes, him looking into mine. We inched closer to each other, and suddenly we closed the gap in between us and we kissed. I pulled away after a good 10 seconds, and we both smiled.

"So... are we official?" I asked.

"Definitely," Mulder replied. And for a few more hours, I laid next to Mulder with my fingers intertwined with his, and we were both happy.

A/n
Hey!! Hope you liked this one. I know it's kinda short, but I thought this was a good way to end it. I hope you all are doing well, and I look forward to making more chapters. What does Tanner mean by 'clueless'? What's Tanner gonna do when he finds out you and Mulder are dating? What are you going to tell your parents? What will your brother and sister think? Stay tuned to find out ;)

-nerdy weirdo