5

~The next morning, Y/n's POV~

I woke up to realize that I was in my bed, in the same clothes that I wore yesterday.

'Mulder must've carried me in, what a gentleman,' I smiled to myself. I smelled something cooking, and I got up and changed. I went downstairs to see my family in the kitchen, making food.

"Morning sleepyhead," My brother said. "Can I talk to you in private?" He asked.

'Shoot, this is never good,' I thought. "Okay..." I said suspiciously. He took me to the backyard, and closed the door.

"I noticed that your 'study partner' smelled like that same cologne I smelt on the couch yesterday," he said with a serious look on his face.

"It's a popular cologne..." I lied.

He looked at me with suspicion. "You're lying," he paused for a second, "OH!" He shouted, which made me jump a little. "HE'S THE SAME GUY!" He yelled, loud enough for the whole city to hear.

"Okay, fine, you got me! He is. Just don't tell mom and dad, they'll kill me," I said.

"Okay," he smirked. "Totally gonna use that to blackmail you now."

"Hey!" I swatted at his arm as we walked back inside.

After I ate my breakfast, I decided to go back to my room and just listen to some music with my headphones. 30 minutes later, I saw my door swing open and closed, and I assume it's my sister barging in. I roll my eyes as I took my headphones off and covered my face with my hands in frustration.

"What do you want?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

"I thought I would be a little more welcome than that," I heard a familiar voice say.

"Tanner?! How did you get in?!" I asked.

"Your mom let me in," he said plainly, looking around at my room.

"Why do we always end up in a room together alone?" I ask, clearly annoyed. Then, I hear footsteps. Suddenly my door opens and I see my sister in the doorway.

"Y/n! Why are there always boys in your room?" She asked. Tanner turned around, and my sister smiled and ran up to him, engulfing him in a hug. "Tanner!" She said with excitement. "I missed you..." she admitted. Tanner have her a hug back, and said the same.

"Umm... can you leave us alone for a little bit?" I asked my sister. "We have some catching up to do." I said firmly. My sister then left, and Tanner and I were alone once again. "Why did you come here?" I asked.

"I just wanted to see your beautiful face," he flirted, a smile on his face as he approached me.

"Don't. Even. Try." I said. I was up to here with his bull crap.

"Okay," he said and put his hands in the air, "You win." He said.

"Why did you say that I'm 'clueless'?" I asked firmly, a look of seriousness on my face. I'm anything but clueless.

"Probably because you can't see what's right in front of you," he answered, the same look of seriousness on his face.

"See what?" I asked curiously.

"Aw, Y/n, I thought you figured it out already. The thing is..." he paused, "I'm in love with you," he smiled, and continued to walk toward me.

Then everything clicked. Just like that. How could I not see it? It wasn't just a simple little crush... it was full-on love. For me.

I stood there in shock, while he just laughed. I was so blind. Wow. I snapped out of my trance to realize that Tanner and I were standing face-to-face. I tried to slowly back away with Tanner slowly walking forward, but I was blocked by the wall behind me. My back hit the wall, and I was suddenly trapped.

Tanner planted his hand on the wall right next to me, trapping me right there. His eyes flash down to my lips as he slowly leans in, but then I hear a knock on my bedroom door. I quickly ducked under his arm and ran over to the door and opened it, got out, and closed the door behind me. "Yes?" I asked, still standing in front of the door.

"What are you guys doing in there?" My sister asked.

"Nothing, um... we're just talking," I answered.

"What's wrong?" My brother said, walking toward my sister and I.

"Y/n and Tanner are 'talking' in her room." My sister said, doing air quotes when she said 'talking.'

"About what?" My brother asks curiously. "Why is he here all of the sudden? I thought he was a total jerk to you." He asked.

"I... uh..." I was interrupted by Tanner opening the door behind me, and seeing my siblings there. My brother looked up and scowled. My brother grabbed me and put me behind him, which I was very thankful for.

"Why are you here, Shaw?" My brother asked firmly.

"None of your business, Y/l/n." Tanner said in the same tone.

"Get out and leave her alone." My brother said. I suddenly let out my breath which I didn't even know I was holding. Tanner trudged down the hall and finally left. My brother checked on me and asked what he did to me.

"He didn't do anything," I answered.

"If he laid one finger on you, I swear—"

"It's okay, really," I cut him off.

"No it's not, Y/n. What did he do to you?"

I didn't know what to say. 'Oh, he pinned me against the wall and tried to assault me.' I can't just say something like that.

"I'm gonna go to a friend's," I say, "I'll be back in a couple hours."

A/n
Hiii! I wrote this at like 2 AM, so I hope it's okay. Anyways, I hope y'all liked it lol. Have a good day/night, and I'll see you in the next chapter.

-nerdy weirdo