It's The TARDIS' Turn

Cold.

That's all Lorelai could feel.

Cold.

It was nearing winter, but luckily it hadn't started snowing yet.

But it was cold.

And she knew, that even if she managed to find a bit of shelter, if she fell asleep out in the cold.... then she might not wake up again.

Lorelai looked into trashcans as she walked pass them. She hadn't eaten anything for a week so she hoped to find some scrap of food as she looked for shelter.

She turned the corner of the alley and paused when she saw the big blue box. A big blue police box.

The perfect shelter.

She'd only use it for tonight to get out of the cold and then move on in the morning. It looked well-kept after all, which meant that it's owner still takes care of it. Either that or it was JUST dumped there and hadn't been weathered yet.

Lorelai reached out and took the handle of the door, but groaned when she found that it was locked. She turned to leave but froze when she heard the door creak open behind her. Turning back around, she saw the blue box had opened. Light was coming from inside it and she could hear a faint humming.

Lorelai slowly stepped in, unable to resist the warmth inside, and gaped as she looked around.

It....it was much bigger on the inside.

She quickly turned and popped her head back outside to look around the box before going back in and looking around the room.

'Okay.... big blue box with an entire room inside. That's not so bad. At least it's warm.'

It looked like there was some sort of controls in the center of the room so she chose to avoid those. Not wanted to accendently trigger an alarm or something and bring its owner back. There was a ruffling sound and she quickly turned to see a blanket draped over the seat next to the controls.

She was pretty sure that blanket wasn't there before.

Lorelai reached for the blanket but hesitated. She shouldn't be there. She really shouldn't be there. This box was obviously still being used. For what, she didn't know but lights were still on for a reason.

But there was a humming in the back of her mind. Gentle and encouraging. So she took the blanket and almost gasped at how soft it was. She wrapped herself up in it and yawned. The humming in her mind turned into a quiet melody as she curled up in the seat next to the controls.

She couldn't keep herself awake any longer.

~~~

The Doctor walked down the alley towards his TARDIS and pulled the key out of his pocket. He unlocked it and stepped in before stopping and looking around.

Something was different and he could faintly hear the TARDIS playing a very quiet lullaby. He slowly walked up to the controls and there, in the pilot seat, was a little girl. Wrapped up in a fluffy blanket and asleep.

She was small and he could only see her face but she looked dirty. Like she hadn't had a bath in years.

"Hello." He quietly muttered to himself as he crouched down next to her. "How did you get in here?" He reached out to move some hair out of her face but quickly pulled back when she flinched and her eyes blinked open.

Beautiful blue-green eyes.

She quickly sat up in a panic and the Doctor held his hands up. "Hey. Hey, it's alright. I'm not gonna hurt you. I just wanna know your name." He said as gently as he could.