Gold and silver - Mammon X Reader (Hbd Mammon!)

A/N  Hi readers. I had planned writing this out sooner (on Mammon's birthday ideally) but got unexpectedly stressed and busy which I'll explain a bit in the next chapter as a A/N chapter. As I was excited for Mammon's birthday I thought about writing another story on him and came up with this. Loved his birthday event and the story from the cards, he's so sweet. SLIGHT SPOILER -when they were talking about opening the letter on Mammon's special day all that popped into my mind was mine and Mammon's wedding day.....I need this in the game like please.

I got ideas for a cute Beel story and a more soft (I think) Lucifer story. Hard time thinking about Belphie but I will make stories for alllll demon brothers. 

Hope you enjoy another Mammon story!

You and Mammon were watching Mr. Bean's Holiday in your room, on your bed. You decided to play it safe with a comedy movie because a horror movie would mean lots of screaming from Mammon and him jumping on top of you, trembling like a leaf. Sad movies would obviously make Mammon cry for ages, on your shoulder, and then mope for days around the house.

"Haha this guy is hilarious." Mammon paused. "But he ain't as great as The Great Mammon!" 

You had to hand it to the grinning Mammon in front of you, he sure tried hard to make sure you knew he was better than absolutely everyone else in the universe. It was actually endearing that he would compete with an actor to show off how great he is in comparison. It shows that your opinion of him matters to him.

"Ah yeah, speaking about The Great Mammon, he- I mean I got to keep a product I was wearing in my model shoot today! The Great Mammon is just that good!"

You were surprised he forgot to tell you about this accomplishment. Perhaps the excitement of your movie night busted his brain...even more than before.

"Oh yeah? That's great! What was the product?" you ask.

"I'll show ya right now! Hold onto ya hat!" He replies, using a human world phrase you taught him.

"I'm not wearing a hat" you joke.

Mammon shakes his head at you because of the awful joke and stands up to shove his hands in his pockets, searching. He starts to move his hands around his pockets quickly as if in panic.

"You did NOT just lose whatever it is you got THREE HOURS AGO!" You shout at him.

"Nah...I just...I have to go to my room for a sec" he murmured nervously.

He struts out of the room and you remain seated on your comfy place on your bed, wrapped up in a big fluffy blanket. You pause the movie while Mammon is away and he returns after a few minutes with another grin on his face.

"Haha fou-er I mean got the watch! There was never any doubt where it was."

"...Sure" you just gave up and agreed.

You looked at the shiny golden watch. It was ticking and all which meant it was in working order so you had one question.

"If this is gold, why would you almost lose it Mammon?" you asked, puzzled.

"Hmm? Oh no this isn't actually gold. The brand just has it look like gold so those that wear it seem more fashionable while paying much less than for actual gold. I can tell exactly what is gold by looking for one second!"

"Wow you certainly know about gold and not gold."

"I have to know all about how much grimm I can get from the things I sell. It would be the end for me if people thought they could just rip me off. The Great Mammon does the ripping off!"