Chapter 1: Sir Tiergan's Mysterious Plan

Narrater's P.O.V. (Sophie)

Sophie was sitting at her usual table at lunch with all her friends when the bell rang, signaling them to their next class. She was dreading this moment because she loved food and hated when lunch was over, but more importantly, she had her telepathy class with Fitz. Every class meant another chance for her to accidentally slip and tell Fitz her embarrassing crush on him. Their cognate connection would for sure be broken because why would Fitz, practically part of a royal family, ever like her, the girl with the freaky brown eyes who was raised by humans. She snapped herself out of her daze and slowly got up to head to her telepathy class. But clearly she wasn't completely out of her daze because she didn't notice when someone came up behind her and tapped her on her shoulders. The tap shocked her and she tripped over her own foot and braced for impact. But she felt a pair of strong arms catch her, seconds before she hit the floor. Her face slightly heated up as she turned to look at her savior. And just her luck! It was Fitz.

Sophie looked away embarrassed and mumbled a "thanks". Her cheeks were probably the color of a tomato by now. She wanted to run away and hide in a hole but Fitz stopped that plan.

"Do you want to walk to class together?" 

"Sure, I guess" Sophie replied.

Narrater's P.O.V.  (Fitz)

Fitz was a little hurt by Sophie's response. It seemed like she would really rather not walk with him. But Fitz didn't blame her. Why would Sophie, the most powerful elf in the world with so many powers like him, just a normal telepath. They kept on walking in awkward silence until they reached Sir Tiergan's classroom.

Little did they know what their teacher had in plan for them.

Narrater's P.O.V. (Sir Tiergan)

When Sir Tiergan saw Sophie and Fitz walk into the room, he felt a ping of nervousness. He was about to put his clever plan into action. As soon as they sat down in their two chairs Sir Tiergan announced what they would be doing in class today.

"For today's lesson, you two are going to be working with emotional centers. We've done this before but I'm going to add a little bit of a twist. I will be the only one checking your emotions. And the other person will be blindfolded so they do not see what object I will be using on the other. It sounds a bit confusing, but once we start it will make more sense. So who wants to go first?"

*Dead Silence*

"Since no one volunteered, Fitz you will go first."

Narrater's P.O.V. (Fitz)

Dang, it! Why did Sir Tiergan have to pick me? I should probably stop thinking about this since he will be in my head soon. 

"Okay Sophie, put on this blindfold." 

After Sophie did, Sir Tiergan asked for permission to enter my mind. 

(Slanted is Fitz and Bold is Sir Tiergan)

Okay Fitz, are you ready?

I guess so, a little nervous.

Don't worry! It won't be hard. All you do is look at the object and I'm just going to be reading your emotions while you do. 

That doesn't sound too hard. 

Exactly! 

Fitz opened his eyes to see a picture of Sophie in front of him. 

Narrater's P.O.V. (Sir Tiergan)

Now I just need to determine the emotion. He went into Fitz's emotional center and couldn't believe what he was seeing. He quickly repeated the process with Sophie, but with Fitz's picture, and saw the same emotion. 

The emotion he saw was... 

Sorry to leave you guys on a cliffhanger, but that's what makes being an author so fun!   (JK...sort of) Anyways, I'll try to update as much as I can, and feel free to leave some ideas you guys want to see happen in the comments. (Please no negative/inappropriate comments) Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter!