Chapter 9: Base Quest - But Not Really

Sophie's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling refreshed like I had actually gotten a few hours of sleep. What a nice change of pace I thought. I turned over to see Fitz sleeping peacefully next to me. I felt giddy thinking about last night and how he told me he loved me. The Fitz Vacker told me he loved me! I smiled happily and decided it was time to wake Fitz up.

"Fitz?" I whispered. He didn't wake up so I tried saying his name a bit louder.

"Fitz?... Fitz?... Fitz?" Wow, he must be a deep sleeper. What to do, what to do. Then I got an idea. I scooched a little closer to him and kissed him on the lips. After that, I saw his eyes flutter open, revealing it's beautiful teal color. I could stare at those eyes all day long, but a few minutes later of an intense staring contest, I couldn't take it anymore. I burst into giggles and soon Fitz joined me on the laughing. 

"Did you know you're a really deep sleeper?" Sophie asked through giggles.

"Really? Maybe I just wanted to see what you would do to get me up. And clearly, it was worth it," Fitz said with a smirk.  

"Fitz!" I exclaimed, playfully tackling him. I sat on top of him and started to tickle him. He laughed so hard that he almost ran out of air. But suddenly, we switched positions somehow and Fitz began tickling me. I could barely breathe until I finally called for a truce. We both collapsed on the floor, tired from all the tickling. 

"Sophie? I really don't want to leave but we should probably head back inside." Fitz said with a sigh.

"You're probably right," I replied, feeling a little disappointed.

"But not before this!" Fitz exclaimed.

He picked me up and pulled me in close. I stared deeply into his eyes and leaned in. He did the same, and we met in the middle. The kiss was really sweet and gentle, yet still passionate and full of love. After a minute, we broke apart and stared deeply into eachother's eyes, not wanting to stop the moment. It seemed like a million years had passed before we heard the faint sound of a girl shouting our names.

"Sophie! Fitz! Where are you?"

We broke eye contact and looked towards where the sound was coming from. I realized it was Biana coming to find us. 

"That's Biana," I told Fitz.

"Yup, that's definitely her. No one can scream as loudly." He replied. I laughed then grabbed his hand to go meet up with Biana. 

"Biana! Over here!" I shouted.

"Oh! There you are!" My always excited friend shouted back. "We were looking for you! What were you guys doing out here?"

I didn't know what to say since I didn't want to admit we were sleeping out here. There would be a lot of teasing. Luckily, Fitz saved me from from having to answer.

"We were just taking a walk," Fitz answered.

"Oh. Okay then." She replied, looking almost disappointed? I wonder why... A/N Wow, our girl Sophie can really be oblivious   

"You guys missed an epic prank! We got Keefe covered in rainbow! It was the funniest thing I've ever seen! Here's a picture." 

She showed us a picture of a confused Keefe, covered in head to toe with rainbows. We all burst out laughing. After a while, we remembered that we needed to tell the others that Biana had found us. We walked over to Everglen where the rest of our friends were searching for us inside. 

"Hey guys!" I shouted, excited to see our friends, but even more at all the food at the dining table. My friends noticed me staring and started laughing.