Chapter 8

I help pack Taehyung's bag while he talks to somebody on phone. Just as I'm done, I hear the doorbell and find Jungkook standing there when I open the door.

"Jungkook? What're you doing here?" I ask.

"Why? I'm not welcomed?"

"What? No, it's not like that... Actually I was just surprised." I explain, embarrassed.

"It's okay. I just came to tell you that Yeontan is leaving today, so if you wanna meet him one last time, now's the time." He tells, smiling.

"Oh, I'd love to, but I'm busy right now. Taehyung is leaving for xxx and I'm going to drop him off to the airport."

"Oh..." He makes a face, as if thinking something. The suddenly speaks, "He's inside?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to meet him."

"Oh I don't think that's a good id-"

"I wanted to meet you again too, Jungkook." Taehyung speaks, cutting me mid sentence.

Jungkook walks towards him and they both shake hands.

"Good to see you again, Taehyung."

"Likewise, Jungkook." Taehyung puts his hand back into his pocket and continues. "By the way, I heard you're getting along well with.. My girlfriend."

"You heard it right. I bet we'll become best friends in no time." Jungkook replies with smirk.

"Of course, of course. She's pretty good at friend zoning people."

"Yeah? Seems like I'll be an exception here."

"You're no special. You'll end up like all of them. She just loves one guy. Me."

"Why are you telling me that? Insecure?"

Taehyung scoffs. "Insecure? Never. I trust her."

"Yeah? Then wh-"

"Stop it!" I cut them out. "The hell is going on? What're you two talking about?"

Jungkook looks at me then back at Taehyung. "Nothing. I was just telling your boyfriend that he doesn't have to worry about his girlfriend. She's in the right hand and I can take care of her while he's out."

"I don't think she needs your care, Jungkook. Thanks for the offer."

"we'll see about that."

They both stare at each other.

"Taehyung, come on. We're getting late. Jungkook, I think we should leave now." I tell both of them and call the cab.

After seeing Taehyung off the airport, I ride back home and find Jungkook standing there with Yeontan in hands. I smile at the cute creature and start patting him.

"Aww.. You're so cute." I tell him and he licks my nose.

"You wanna meet his owner? He's at my house right now."

"Oh, of course." I agree and we both head inside his house. There, I see a guy, 100% Korean, sitting on the couch, sipping sprite and watching TV.

"Hobi, she's here." Jungkook speaks and the guy looks at me. He smiles and comes towards me. I smile back and take out my hand to shake but he hugs me instead.

"Emily! Nice to finally meet you!" He says, excitedly.

"You know me?" I ask in confusion.

"Of course. Jungkookie told me a lot about you."

"He did?"

"Of course. You're the only friend he has around here afterall."

"Oh.. Right. Well.. So do I."

"Great! Oh, by the way, my name's Jung Hoseok, but you can call me Hobi."

"Hobi it is."

He winks at me and Jungkook giggles.

"Kookie, go and make coffee for your friends, dude, where are your manners?"

"Yes, sir. On it." Jungkook smiles at me and leaves.

Hobi grabs my hand and pulls me to the couch with him. Yeontan jumps on his lap and he turns off the TV.

"So, Emily..." He continues, looking at me. "You and Jungkook...?"

"What?"

"Come on! You know it! Are you two... A thing or something?"

I chuckle. "No. Absolutely not. We're just friends."

"Pfft! I don't buy that."

"No, I'm serious. Ask him if you like. It's the truth."

"Ask him? Mouth never speaks what eyes does, Emily."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing leave it. So.. You single or..?"

"I have a boyfriend. I live with him actually."

"Good, good. Is he more handsome than Jungkook?"

"Eh... I guess?"

"Really? You're not sure?" He laughs.

"No, I mean... Both have their charms."

"So you find kookie charming, huh?"

Who wouldn't?

"Maybe?"

Hobi smirks at my reply.

"Let me ask you something. If you weren't dating that boyfriend of yours... Would you date Jungkookie?"

I think. And think.

"I don't see why not. I mean, he has all the qualities a girl wants in her boyfriend."

"Let me rephrase that. You think Kookie is handsome. You find him charming and attractive. And you think he's a boyfriend material and perfect for you."

"I don't like where you're going with his, Hobi. I have a boyfriend."

"So?"

"So? So, I love him!"

"So?"

"So, I can't be with Jungkook. I can't love Jungkook."

"Who said you can only love one person? Who said you can only be with one person? Who said you have to tie your heart to one person? Who said you can't leave your heart open to opportunities?"

"Bullshit! I love him, and I'll always stay loyal to him. What you're suggesting is bullshit. What Taehyung has done for me... Nobody could ever have. I can never repay his kindness towards me."

"Now I get it. So you don't love your boyfriend... You just love what he DID for you. And you're unconsciously BOUND to him because you feel like you should "repay" whatever he has done for you."

I frown. Tears about to roll down my eyes. Who is he to question my love? Who is he to say that? That's not true! That's not true! I love Tae for HIM. For what he is... not what he does...

"I.. I have to go." I quickly sit up and start walking out, almost bumping into Jungkook.

"Em, what happened?" Jungkook asks worriedly.

"Nothing." I reply and continue walking out, ignoring his calls.

"Em! Wait, Emily! Emily!" I just ignore him and leave, locking myself in my house and finally allowing my tears to come out.

Wrong! Hobi was wrong! Jungkook was wrong! Why does everyone says I don't love my Taehyung for him? I do! I do goddammit, I do!