Chapter 17

After we land in Seoul, I stay by Jungkook's side because he's the one I'm most familiar with. I know Jimin is my brother but Jungkook is my closest friend in this foreign country.

"Where are we going?" I ask Jimin when he get inside his lemo.

"We're going home. Dad had to urgently leave for some business but he'll be back in a couple days, then you can meet him. And in the meantime, he asked me to take care of you." Jimin smiles and so do I.

Soon, we stop in front of a huge mansion. One you see in movies. With gardens in the front, fountains, expensive cars and people standing in black.

"We're home. Come. Let me show you around, Emily." Jimin takes my hand and we walk inside. Yoongi seperates from us to do some other work and Jungkook follows us.

"This place has changed a lot since the last time I was here." Says Jungkook and Jimin nods.

"One year is a long time." Jimin replies.

"I can't believe you were always around me from 1 whole year and I never realized Jungkook." I say, looking at him.

He chuckles.

"That just means that we sent the best guy for you, doesn't it?" Jimin smiles proudly and I shake my head at now ignorant I was. I couldn't even figure out the truth. "Well, this is your room."

I look around the huge bedroom and smile. "This is beautiful." Then I notice a photo on the table, of mom and my biological father with a tiny me in his hands. The way he looks at me is a look of pure love. That makes me miss my dad.

"Jiminah?"

"Yes, Em?"

"What about my dad? What happens when he finds out the truth?" Jimin and Jungkook exchange a look and I frown. "You're hiding something from me, right?"

"Emily... Actually" Jungkook starts, "We... Are suspicious of him."

"What? That's nonsense!" I speak.

"He's right." Replies Jimin. "We think that he works for the Kim family. That's the reason why none of them came near you and your mother when she was alive because they already had an insider. And after she died, we believe that was the reason why he easily agreed to let you live with Taehyung."

"No, Jimin, that's not true. I've spent my life with that man. He's a saint. He doesn't know anything about all this. He can't work for the Kim's. He hasn't killed a fly yet. He's innocent."

"So you thought about your mother, didn't you?" Jungkook asks, leaving me speechless. "Emily, we aren't accusing him of anything because we don't have a proof yet. But until and unless we are sure of his innocence, we want you to stay clear of him. We can't take any risks."

"I... I just.. Wanna talk to him once. He must be worried about me. I'll just tell him that I'm fine. That's all. I will not say anything about you or anyone else here. Nothing. I'll not even say that I'm here in Korea." I plead and Jungkook looks at Jimin.

"Jimin, I think we can let her do this much at least." He asks Jimin but he shakes his head.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, but I can't let you do this. You need to understand this is for your own protection. Just... Wait for some time. Once we have a green card about him, I'll let you do whatever you want, alright?" Jimin tells and I look away. "I'm sorry, Emily."

"It's.. Ok.. I understand." I say, without looking at him.

"Well then, I'm leaving. You two have some chat, take rest, then join me for dinner." With that, he leaves me with Jungkook.

I look at him and he smiles softly. "Everything will be alright, Emily. I'm here with you." He sees tears forming in my eyes and takes me in a hug. "Shh... It's okay..." He starts speaking slowly, running his hand slowly through my hair softly, making me feel much better already. "I know it's new for you. I understand it must be very uncomfortable, confusing and tiring... But this is the time when you have to be the strongest. Not for someone else, but for yourself."

I smile through tears and look up at him. "Why? Why do you always know how to make me feel better? Whenever I've cried, you've always been here, right by my side. You've been protecting me all this time. You know everything about me. And you... The you, being here, standing next to me, your presence, is enough to make me feel at home. I feel... Safe, whenever I'm with you... I don't... I don't know how to thank you, Jungkook... Whatever I do will be nothing compared to what you've done for me."

He smiles and wipes my cheek. "You don't have to do anything for me. Whatever I did, I'm doing, or I'll ever do for you, is all just... Me being selfish."

"Selfish? What do you mean?"

"You haven't realized yet?" He asks. I shake my head in confusion. "You remember the girl I told you about? The one I love?"

"Oh. Right, I remember. The lucky girl you love who doesn't even know about it."

"Well... Now she does." He says, looking straight into my eyes. And then I realize what he means. That girl... is me.

"Jungkook...."

"I've always loved you, from the second I saw you. And it just went deeper and deeper as we got closer. I couldn't help it. My feelings, my emotions... They just kept growing. I never told you before... You loved Taehyung. But now that you know the truth... I think this is the right time to confess my feelings. I don't care even if you don't love me back. All I really care about is you and your happiness. I just wish to stay by your side, as your lover, your friend, or even as a stranger-"

I stop him by pressing my lips with his. I was so stupid to not be able to realize this sooner. He loves me. And his love for me is so pure that he doesn't even care if I love him back. Within this tough exterior, his heart is so innocent.

Tears fall down my eyes as he starts kissing me back, pulling me closer to himself.

"Em... If.. If you don't stop, I might do something... I've been... Holding back from so long you have no idea."

"Then... Don't hold back anymore.