Chapter 21

I see Taehyung on the other side. He looks at me with wide eyes and and shock written all over his face. Before I could say anything, he runs towards me and takes me in his arms.

"Emily! Oh my god! I thought I lost you!" He hugs me tightly. "You have no idea how much I searched you. I looked for you everywhere! I was so worried, you can't even imagine!" He takes a deep breath. "Thank god you're safe."

I finally push him away from me abd stumble backward because of my ankle but manage to stand. "Of course I am safe! I was with my family! They would never harm me! The people who I am unsafe from is YOU and your brothers!"

He looks taken aback from my words. He look hurt. "But... I would never do something to harm you, Em. I love you."

"You pointed a gun at me, Tae, don't you remember?"

"Yes, but I was never gonna pull the trigger!" He looks down at my ankle. "You're hurt! Your ankle is red and sore. You need treatment. Come with me." He tries to grab my hand but I back away.

"If you really care about me, then let my father go!"

He frowns. "Your father? What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean! You kidnapped my dad, now let him go!"

"Emily... I don't know what you're talking about... Wait... Don't tell me... Did my brothers kidnap your dad!?" He asks in amazement.

"Don't act like you didn't know."

"Trust me, I didn't."

"Then how are you here?"

"Because I had an insider in Jin's gang and he told me that you're here. That's why I came rushing."

"But... Namjoon said you weren't in Korea."

"I didn't tell him I was." Slowly everything makes sense. "Come on, now. Let's get you treated. And don't worry about your dad, I'll take care of that."

I don't say anything... Maybe what's happening is for the best. Let's just go with the flow and when the right time comes, I'll contact my family and Jungkook.

Tae takes me to a the apartment on the top floor of a huge building, where the entire building is surrounded by Tae's men. I never realized he was this powerful while all the time I was living with him. He takes me to the bedroom and calls a doctor. They speak Korean so I don't understand what they say, but ask Taehyung when he comes back and sits next to me.

"Doctor said that it's nothing serious. You just need a little rest and it'll be alright by the next morning." He explains and I nod.

"What about my dad?"

"I just had a conversation with Namjoon. He agreed to set him free."

"I.. I wanna see him."

"Namjoon will not let you-"

"I said I wanna see him!"

He sighs. "Fine... I'll do something." I nod and look away. "Emily... Can we talk?" I lick my lips and slowly face him back. "See... Understand what position you are in right now... It's the same for me. We're torn between our family and love. I know you love me too. So.. Why don't we make out a solution. What I was thinking is-"

"Wait!" I stop him as I suddenly feel something turning inside my stomach. I quickly get out of the bed, not caring about my ankle and run to the bathroom. I puke just as I reach the toilet.

"Em, shit, you're okay?" Tae rubs my back as I keep puking. But... I didn't even eat anything... Why am I sick? Then... I start calculating... Right... "What happened? Are you sick?" He asks and I face him.

"This not just any sickness, Tae..." I tell him.

His face falls at the realization. "Then... Does that mean that you're..."

I nod. "Yes. I'm pregnant."

He frowns in pain. "But... Who...?"

"Jungkook." It must be the first time we had sex... Because after that day, we always used condom. Tae quietly stands up and walks out of the bedroom. "Tae! Wait!" He ignores and leaves.

I keep sitting there, wondering what will I do next. I'm pregnant with Jungkook's child and he doesn't even know. And... Am I ready for a child though? It's very dangerous with the situation I'm in. Tae knows I'm pregnant with Jungkook's child... What will he do now?

I slowly look down at my tummy and start rubbing slowly... "You were pretty unexpected, sweetheart.... But don't worry... Mumma will take care of you."

Later that night, after spending my entire day in that room, Tae finally walks in. I sit up on the bed and look at his drunk self. He's wobbling and his eyes are barely open.

"Taehyung! Oh my god! Come here!" I carefully help him lie down.

"Emily.... Why.... Why did you do this to me?" He mumbles

"Tae, What're you talking about?"

"I did everything for you. I kept you safe. I loved you. I went against the world for you. And you? You are carrying that fucker's child inside you!" I frown at his words.

"Tae please!"

"AND you're defending him too." He sits up, his eyes still half open, and takes my hands in his own. "Emily. Listen to me. Let's leave. Let's run away. Far from here. Far from everything and everyone. We'll start a new life. Just you, me and... This baby. I'll give him my name so you don't have to worry. I'll love him like my own. I promise. Just stay with me, Em. Please. Just stay with me. I beg you." Right as he finishes, he falls on his back on the bed, unconscious.

I wipe my tears. Taehyungah... Why are you doing this to me? His words had so much pain that it broke my heart. He wants nothing else... Just me. He's even ready to have to child. Why... Why do you love me this much?

And suddenly, I realize that he has a phone in his pocket. I quickly take it out and dial Jungkook's number that he told me to remember. After 2 rings, he picks it up.

"Hello?"

"Jungkook!"

"Emily?"