Chapter 24

"I'll return everything that my mom had against the Kims" I tell them after making up my mind.

"No, Em, what the fuck are you saying?" Jimin says angrily.

"She's just trying to do the right thing." Says Namjoon and Jimin glares at him.

"No, Jimin. I have to do this. It's the only way to end this for good." I look at Jungkook because I know he'll understand me. "You know... When my mom gave me the address of where her possessions were hidden, she also told me one thing. She said, no matter what happens, I'll use it only when I have to protect myself. And I promised her that I'll never use them for someone's harm."

Jungkook slowly nods. "Okay, Emily. Then keep them with you. Because you never know when you need protection from anyone." He says.

"I don't need protection. Now that I look around myself..." I see the familiar faces and smile. "Everyone here means no harm to me. Jimin is my brother, Yoongi and Hobi are my friends. Namjoon just wants the evidences and Jin just wants Tae's well being. And Jungkook..." My eyes fill with tears when I look at him. "You're the most precious thing in my life. You're my best friend and my biggest support. You've helped me in my darkest and toughest time. You showed me a way. You gave me happiness-"

"I love you." He says, interrupting me, looking deep into my eyes with a worry. He's worried... Of losing me. "I love you, Emily. I do."

"I know Kookie... I love you too but..."

"Not more than Tae." He completes the sentence for me. His tearful eyes break my heart when I say yes. He runs a hand through his hair in frustration and storms out of there.

"Jungkook! Wait!" I yell but he doesn't stop. I sigh and look at Jimin. He takes a deep breath, shakes his head and comes and hugs me.

"Emily... I'd be lying if I say agree with what you wanna do... But I believe in you. If you think your decision is right, then go ahead." Hearing these words from Jimin, I smile and hug him tighter.

"You're the best brother ever!" He chuckles.

"So... The address." Namjoon asks and I give him the address of the locker. He nods and leaves, his men follow him out.

"I'll be keeping an eye on you." Jin says and leaves.

"I didn't know that you and Jungkook..." Says Yoongi.

"I did. They looked cute together." Hobi replies. And after giving me a hug, both of them leaves.

"Jimin... Can you take care of Jungkook for me? I broke his heart." I ask Jimin and he nods.

"Of course. He's like a family to me. I'll make sure he's fine. You don't have to worry." With that, Jimin also leaves.

"I can't believe you did that." Says Tae, finally, sitting on the edge of the bed. I look at his bruise and frown.

"It hurts?"

"No. I've dealt with more painful ones."

"I'm glad you didn't hit him back."

"How could I? Knowing that he's... The father of your baby."

"Oh... Right..."

After a moment of silence, he asks, "why didn't you tell him?"

"I don't know how he'll react..."

"Em. Listen to me." Tae takes my hand. "I love you. And I love everything that belongs to you. So you don't have to be worried about this baby because he's your own flesh and blood, so, I don't know about Jungkook, but I would love to give him my name. I'd love to start a family with you. You, me and this little child of ours. And... If you want, then we won't even tell anybody. Not even Jungkook. We can tell your families that he's ours. And maybe... Then our parents will accept each other as a family. What do you say?"

"That would be a great idea Tae, but... Not telling Jungkook doesn't seem fair to him. He deserves to know the truth."

"I do now." Jungkook enters the room, hands in his pockets and an expressionless face.

"Jungkook!"

He ignores me and looks at Tae. "Kim Taehyung. I hate you from every single muscle in my body. But at the same time, I know I can trust you with Emily.... And my child."

I frown... "You mean..?"

He looks at me. "What I mean is, since you love Tae, I want you to be with him. But I also want the baby to be with you. So, in a way, a part of me will always be next to you. And that's enough for me. Because I, alone, can't raise a child. Specially with my profession. And I just talked to Jimin and we agreed that I should take another project, so I'm going to be in Afghanistan for some time." He takes a deep breath and continues. "So.. What I'm saying is... You don't have to tell anybody about me." Then he looks at Tae. "Raise my baby as yours. Involve your family if you can. Make everything better. It's all in your hands, Taehyung." 

Tae smiles and Takes Jungkook in a big hug, which he hesitantly returns.

"Thank you so much, Jungkook. Thanks a lot." He says and Jungkook nods and after taking a last look at me, leaves.

Tae turns to me. "This isn't a dream, right?" I shake my head and hug him.

"I'm so happy."

"Me too, Em, me too. Now you see, everything will be alright. The three of us will start a new life. And because of this little angel, our families will accept us too."

I nod. "But promise me you will change your profession. I don't want my baby's dad to play with guns all the time, risking his life."

"No. I will never touch guns again. Never. Now my life has a value."

He smiles and I smile back.

THE END

Do you want a season 2? Tell me in the comments :)