Chapter 22

"Hello?"

"Jungkook!"

"Emily?"

"Yes, it's me!"

"Oh fuck!" I hear some voices in the distance as if he's giving orders to someone. Then he quickly comes back to phone. "Where are you? How are you? Are you okay?" He yells and asks in panic.

"Yes, kookie, I'm okay. I'm with Tae."

"Yes, we know. Your dad is here. He told me that Seokjin kidnapped you."

"Dad is there?"

"Yes. He said that Tae let him go." I look at him, still sleeping on the bed. He did what he promised. He let dad go. "Forget it. Tell me where are you, I'm coming asap."

"I... I don't know the exact place... But I'm at the top floor of a huge huge building. Tae is also here."

"Oh no.... Alright then, listen to me. Go find some weapons and keep yourself safe from him and his family. We'll track this phone but it might take some time and maybe we can't be there until morning... So in the meantime, I want you to take care of yourself for me. Can you do that sweetheart?"

"Yes. I will take care of myself." but I know that no one can harm me as long as Tae is here.

"Good. I'm gonna go inform Jimin and we'll be there. Don't worry okay, I'm coming." With some shuffling on the other side, the call die. I take a deep breath and go sit next to Tae.

"You're still looking handsome... And reminding me of our happy days together... When I used to wake up in the morning and first thing I see was your face. Your beautiful face that would automatically make me happy, knowing how much we love each other. But... It's scary how things have changed completely now."

"You have power to change everything." Startled, I turn around and find Namjoon standing with his arms folded against his chest, looking straight at me.

"Namjoon... What're you... Doing here?"

He looks at Tae and sighs. "I don't believe this guy! He's so madly in love with you that he can't see that you're nothing but a destruction for him." Then he looks back at me. "He lied to me about coming to Korea. He found you even though I made sure he didn't. He's so passionate about you that he's willing to cross all the limits. And here you are. Emily... What do want from my brother, huh?"

"What? Me? Nothing!"

"Is that so? Then why are you playing with his feelings? Why are you taking advantage of him? Why? Can't you see how hurt he is? How much in pain he is? Tell me, what have you ever done for him? How have you paid him back for everything that he has done for you? You... You have always been problem in his life. A problem that he fell in love with and went blind."

"Namjoon... I never took advantage of him. I loved him too."

"And now? Do you love him now?"

I don't even have to think twice. "Yes. I do. I still love him. I've loved him from one whole year! He's not something I can just forget and move on from. He has a place in my heart that no one can take. Ever."

"Why don't you just accept this and give him his happiness that he deserves?"

"I can't. And you that. HE knows that. I have a family. I have a responsibility." By now, I have started crying.

"These are just excuses, Emily. If you really loved him, you'd be fighting for him like he has been for you." With that, he turns around. "And just so you know, he made a deal with me, that I set your dad free and for that, he will give me all of his possessions. He gave up on everything for you. His house, his car, his company, his money, everything. Just for you." And without giving me another look, he leaves.

Just as the reality comes across my face, my legs feel weak. I sit on the bed and look at him, crying.

"Why!?" I grab his shirt tightly and start shaking him. "Why!? Why do you love me this much? Why are you doing all this when all that I have given you is pain and betrayal!? Why!?" I break down crying and lie next to him, taking him in my arms. I wish I could pay him back somehow. I wish I could give him happiness.

When I open my eyes, I find Tae, watching me as I open my eyes. He smiles.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning." I mumble. Forgetting that this isn't our bed and this isn't our home and this isn't our normal life.

"I missed waking up next to you." He tells and then scoots closer, resting his head on my stomach and grabbing my waist. "Good morning to you too, little angel." And kisses my belly.

I feel like I'm about to cry. "I called Jungkook" I tell him. Surprisingly, he just nods.

"I know. I saw the call history."

I frown. "Why're you so calm? Shouldn't you be angry at me?"

"I can never be angry at you. I love you. Yeah I'm a little disappointed... But... I'll manage. And I can't do anything about it too, you know. He must've tracked this number overnight and might be here any second now."

"And you're okay with that?"

He chuckles bitterly. "I'm anything but okay, Emily. I'm devastated. But I've lost. I kept fighting all this time because I thought you loved me too. But now, I know that you love Jungkook. You even have his child. And... You can never be happy with me. So... I should just... Let you go and accept my defeat."

His words anger me for no apparent reason and I push him off my body in aggression. I frown and hit his shoulder. Hard.

"Fuck you!" I yell at him, crying at the same time. He looks at my tears and frowns.

"Emily... I just... I just want you to know that I love you and I will always keep loving you no matter what-" I don't let him finish his sentence, as I press my lips with his. He kisses me back, grabbing my body tightly that I almost slipped a beat. When we finally pull back, he gives me a sad look. "Farewell kiss?"

I shake my head. "No."