Chapter 12

Namjoon takes me to the little cafeteria on the first floor of the building. We sit in front of each other and he orders coffee and donuts for both of us. None of us say a word until the coffee arrives.

"So... Emily... Why are you here?" He starts.

I lick my lips and take a deep breath. "Actually... I was here to see Tae."

"Why?"

"Because I was missing him."

"He has the same routine as always. You never missed him in past month.. How suddenly, specially when he JUST arrived from home?" He is smart. I can't lie to him. I feel like he can see right through me. Right through my lies.

"Actually... Namjoon, I also wanted to know where Tae worked. And how he worked. I was... Curious I guess."

He raises an eyebrow, takes a long sip of his coffee and looks back at me. "What's going on? Have you two had a fight?"

"Wh.. What..? N-no!" He nods, totally unconvinced. Am I a bad liar or he's too good of an observer?

"Emily, look. I don't know what happened. And I'm not the person to interfere in someone else's business. But since Taehyung is my brother... I'll telling you this. Tae loves you"

He takes another sip and continues. "Tae loves you a lot. Maybe more than he loves me, or even our parents. Trust me, he does. You know why he left the town and decided to stay here? Because of you. You know why he's here in this job? Because of you. You know why he left us? Left his family? Because of you. You know why he does everything? Because of you. His every action and decision are taken, thinking about you."

"M.. Me?" I ask in a low voice.

"Yes. You. He loves you so damn much that even I am irritated with that. You're the most important person for him in this entire world. So, don't you ever question him, Emily. Never." With that, he just walks out.

I finish my coffee and wipe my tears. Tae moved here because of me? He left his family because of me? He took this job because of me? Why? I never asked for any of this! Never!

With tears still spilling down my eyes, I walk back towards Tae's office. I need to talk to him. But just as I was about to open his door, I hear sounds. Of two men. One is definitely Tae, but I don't recognize the second one.

"Taehyungah! Why are you so stubborn!? Just come back for god's sake!"

"I have made my decision. I'm not going anywhere."

"But we need you there. Dad wants you in our business!"

"I AM doing his business here, aren't I?"

"I know you are but... This is such a shitty company. This is shitty town. We need you on bigger contracts than you do here."

"Please. Don't force me. It's useless."

"This is about Emily, isn't it?"

"Don't you dare drag her!"

"Right... It IS about her. It always WAS about her. And it always WILL be about her. Jesus, Tae! You're unbelievable! You're already doing so much for her! She doesn't deserve any of it. Just stop already."

"I can't leave her. And you know that. I love her, alright?"

"Yeah. Great. So what now? You'll marry her?"

"I will if I have to."

"Taehyung!"

"Can you please leave?"

"Fine! Whatever!"

And with that, the door opens and a tall, handsome guy, with wide shoulders and beautiful forehead comes in view. His eyes drops on me and he stops in his track.

"Oh... Look who's here. The majesty herself, huh?" He says, making me frown. "Oh, excuse my manners. I'm Kim Seokjin. Brother of your... Caretaker. And just so you know, I don't like you." With that, he storms out, leaving me frozen in place.

So, basically... His brothers were here, to take him back home. The home, which he left... For me.

I feel hot tears burning my cheeks as I walk away. Away from Tae's office. I finally stop when I'm inside the car, in the parking lot, besides Jungkook.

"Emily! Oh, god. What happened? Why're you crying? Emily, please talk to me!"

He takes my hand and I turn my face to look at him.

"Jungkook...I... I don't know what to do... I..." I detach my hand from his and cover my face to sob.

"It's okay.. It's okay.. Don't talk. Let's just take you home, first." He drives us back and guides me inside his home. We sit on the couch and he hands me a glass of water. "Hey... Relax, Em. What happened?"

"I... I met Namjoon and Seokjin." I tell him and he gulps. As if he knows about them. But that isn't possible. "They're Tae's brothers." I explain and he nods.

"oh.. I see... His brothers. Then what happened?"

"Namjoon told me that Tae loves me. He told me he changed his entire life for me. And Seokjin... Seokjin said that he hates me... Maybe because he came to take Tae back and Tae didn't agree... Because of me."

Jungkook listens everything carefully and nods. "Emily... I understand but it isn't your fault. You never asked Tae to do this for you, right?" I shake my head. "See? He left his family because HE wanted to. He's doing everything that HE wants. It's HIS wish."

"You're right... I know... But... Whatever the reason. The damage is done. Directly or indirectly, I am the reason he isn't with his family anymore."

He keeps looking at me for some time then finally speaks. "Em... Talk to him. Ask him. Ask him why he did what he did. You deserve the answers. He has to tell you everything. Everything that he is hiding. This is the high time."

I nod. Right. Jungkook is right.

"Alright."