Chapter 14

Next morning, I make breakfast and sit next to Tae. My mind still replays last night's conversation.

"Em, you alright?" Tae asks slowly, taking my hand in his. I nod and smile.

"Yeah.. I am.."

He pauses for a minute then speaks "How about we go out tonight?"

"Oh.. Sure..."

We continue eating and I receive a text from Jungkook. It's an attachment. I open the article. A news. I gasp. A dead body was found last night. Murder. No suspect, no evidence. And the victim is the same guy, the intruder of that night. I quickly show it to Tae and he just... Shrugs.

"That bastard deserved it."

I blink twice and suddenly it occurs to me. "Wait... Tae... Don't tell me that you..."

"Yep. I had him killed. That's what he deserved." The way he says it, his voice, his expression, nothing feels familiar. It doesn't feel like I'm talking to my boyfriend... It feels like he's a stranger. Practically... He is. Now that I think about it... Before last night, I didn't know about half of his life. And now that I do, everything feels different.

After seeing him off, Jungkook visits. I make hot cup of coffee for both of us and we sit next to each other on the couch.

"Did you talk to Taehyung?" He asks and I nod. "So... What did he tell you?" I wonder if I can share it with Jungkook or not. Can I trust him with the information? Yes. Yes, of course. He's my best friend. He'll definitely understand.

"Jungkook... I... I want you to hear me out carefully, okay?" I explain him everything. Everything that Tae told me last night and He just listens with great interest but unsurprised. He doesn't seem a little bit shock, even though now he knows that my boyfriend is a mafia.

"So... You know everything now? He isn't hiding anything else?" He asks.

"I don't think so. There's can't be anymore to the story... And fact that my mother was involved in those kind of things... It's.. It's devastating."

"I can understand sweetheart. It must be very tough on you."

Our eyes meet and he smiles. I feel better now, after sharing it with him.

"By the way... I want you to meet someone."

"Really? Who?"

"Umm.. Just my friends."

"Oh. Okay. Let's go then. I can use some company or I'll just keep thinking about last night."

"Hey... Emily... I'm so sorry about everything."

"It's okay, silly. Let's just go."

We go to his house and he excuses himself. "Let me go get them." He leaves for his bedroom and soon after, I hear voices. "Come on. She's here."

"Already!?" The other voice speaks.

"Yes. She's waiting for you." Says Jungkook.

"Oh my god, Jungkook, I'm so nervous."

"There's nothing to be anxious about. She's a wise, brave girl. She's understand."

"Jungkook is right. You can't hide forever, can you?" Asks the third voice.

Then I hear footsteps approaching and finally two men comes in view, walking in front of Jungkook. Jungkook is a little taller than both of them but they're very handsome. One of them, with a little chubby cheeks, catch my attention. I feel like I've seen him somewhere... He looks familiar. Our eyes meet and he smiles.

"Emily. Hi. Wow. Look at you. You look beautiful! You've grown up like... A lot." He sees a frown on my face and clears his throat. "S.. Sorry. I'm.. I'm Jimin. Park Jimin."

I smile back. "Hello, Jimin."

"I'm Min Yoongi, Jimin's best friend." Says the other and I give a little nod.

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Emily. Jungkook's friend."

"We know." Yoongi tells with a smile.

"Come on everybody, let's sit down." Jungkook takes us to the sofas and we all take out seats. I notice that Jimin hasn't taken his eyes off me yet. He just keeps staring at me, which makes me very uncomfortable.

"Umm... Em. Actually... Jimin here, has to say something." Jungkook speaks slowly and I turn my head towards Jimin.

"Oh.. What is it?" I ask and he smiles.

"I don't know where to start... Emily... The truth is... I'm your brother."

I frown and stand up. "What kind of joke is this!?" I shout at them.

"This is not a joke. It's a truth. Here." Yoongi shows me a few pictures. Old pictures of mom marrying a korean man. Of her being pregnant. Of her standing along that man and a small boy. Of her standing with that man, the boy and a little infant baby girl in the man's hands.

"I.. I don't understand! What is it?"

"Emily, darling, I'm your step brother. In the pictures, is your mom, marrying my dad. The little kid is me and girl is you. After having you, your mom left us to live and raise you alone." Jimin explains but I shake my head with tears running down my eyes.

"That's not true! This man is not my father! My father is John! Not him!"

"Emily, it's truth. You can ask your dad if you're actually his child or not." Jimin says in a soothing tone.

I look at Jungkook, he nods in agreement, then I look back at Jimin again.

"No... No that's just impossible. You don't know my mother. She was-"

"Working for us." Yoongi interrupts. "She was working with us as well as our rivals, Kim family."

"How do you know this? And what do you mean rivals?"

"Em, actually, the rival mafia gang Tae told you about last night, is actually Park family. YOUR family. It's YOUR father's company. Your surname is actually Park. You're his daughter." Jungkook explains and my jaw drops open.

"This... This is too much to take.. I.. I don't understand what's going on.."

"Emily... Hey... Darling, I missed you so much. I missed you all these years. You're the only sister I ever had. Even though I was far away from you, my heart always belonged to my little sister here. I love you, Emily." Jimin speaks while slowly coming towards me. I keep looking in his eyes. Eyes that slowly fill up with tears. The emotions he shows, the love he expresses, reminds me of my mother. The feeling is real. It's genuine. It's coming from inside me.

I throw myself at Jimin and he hugs me tightly as I sob in his arms. It feels good. It feels good to have him. I always wanted a sibling.. I never knew I already had one, who loves me so much.

"Why didn't you come earlier? Why now, after all these years?" I ask Jimin, still not pulling from his embrace.

"I wanted to... But your mother had asked us to keep you away from our business. She wanted you to live a normal life. That's why we kept a distance from you."

"But after she died? You could come then!"

"Well, we couldn't.. That's why we sent one of our best men to keep you safe."

"Sent someone? Who?"

"Jungkook"