Manners Maketh Man

Blanche was stood with her Uncle outside of the police station, wearing her Kingsman training gear. Her hair was tied up nicely. Eggsy had never seen her dressed like this and she knew it would be a shock to him.

They'd bailed Eggsy out after he'd used the number on the medal and said 'oxfords not brogues'.

Blanche smiled as Eggsy walked out of the police station. She glanced up at her Uncle, who was smiling, and then she looked at Eggsy. He was staring at her in shock.

"B-Blanche?" He stammered.

"Hello Eggsy." She said with a smile. He couldn't produce words from shock.

"Eggsy. Would you like a lift home?" Harry asked. Eggsy looked at him, still in shock at how pretty Blanche looked in her suit.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"The man who got you released." Harry replied.

"That ain't an answer." Eggsy said.

"He gave you the medal." Blanche said and Eggsy looked at her." A little gratitude wouldn't go a miss, wouldn't you think, Uncle Harry?"

"Uncle Harry?" Eggsy asked, highly confused.

"Your father saves my life." Harry said and Eggsy stared at him. Blanche smiled widely.

-
They were sat in the pub later on. Harry was opposite Eggsy, who was next to Blanche. He'd gotten over the shock of seeing her dressed so differently. He actually really liked her outfit.

"So, before you was a tailor was you in the army?" Eggsy asked."Like an officer."

"Not quite." Harry replied.

"So, where was you posted, Iraq or something?" Eggsy asked, intrigued. Blanche sipped on her drink.

"Sorry, Eggsy, classified." Harry apologised.

"But my dad saved your life, yeah?" Eggsy asked and Blanche smiled.

"The day your father died, I missed something. And if it wasn't for his courage, my mistake would've cost the lives of every man present." Harry explained. Blanche looked at her Uncle. He was a very closed off person. He wouldn't open up to anyone. She'd never heard this before." So I owe him. Your father was a brave man. A good man. And having read your files and you being friends with my niece for years, I think he'd be bitterly disappointed in the choices you've made."

"You can't talk to me like that." Eggsy stated.

"Yeah...Uncle Harry, Eggsy made some valid choices in his life." Blanche added.

"Huge IQ, great performance at primary school...and it all went tits up. Drugs- thank god you never got Blanche to try them- petty crime, never had a job." Harry stated.

"Oh and you think there's a lot of jobs going around here, do you?" Eggsy asked sarcastically.

"Doesn't explain why you gave up your hobbies. First prize, regional under 10s gymnastics two years in a row. Your coach had you pegged as Olympic team material." Harry explained.

"Yeah, well, when you grow up around someone like my step dad, you pick up new hobbies pretty quick." Eggsy said. Blanche continued to drink her beer.

"Of course. Always someone else's fault. Who's to blame for you quitting the marines?" Harry asked. Eggsy looked at him." You were halfway through training, doing brilliantly, then you gave up!"

"Because my mum went mental! Banging on about losing me aswell as my dad!" Eggsy snapped. Blanche glanced at the two of them and then remained silent." Didn't want me being cannon fodder for snobs like you. Judging people like me from your ivory towers with no thought about why we do what we do. We ain't got much choice. You get me? And if we were born with the same silver spoon up our arses, we'd do just as well as you. If not better!"

"Hope you don't include me in snobs."Blanche said. Eggsy looked at her.

"Shit. Keep forgetting you are secretly a posh one." Eggsy sighed." Why didn't you tell me?"

"Didn't want to be treated differently, I guess." Blanche replied. Eggsy smiled but then his smile faded when they heard a voice.

"What the fuck you doing here? You taking the piss?!" It was Rottweiler and he was mad. Eggsy tried to sink into his seat, abandoning his drink. Harry just stared at Rottweiler and Deans group.

"Some more examples of young men who simply need a silver suppository?" Harry asked. Eggsy looked at him in a panic and Blanche shook her head.

"No, they're exceptions. Come on." Eggsy said, gesturing his head towards the door.

"Nonsense. We haven't finished our drinks." Harry said calmly with a smile, a hand gripped on his glass.

"After you nicked his car, Dean says you're fair game. He don't give a shit what your mum thinks." Poodle said threateningly.

"Um, listen, boys. I've had a rather emotional day, so whatever your beef with Eggsy is, and I'm sure it's well founded, I'd appreciate it enormously if you could just leave us in peace until I've finished this lovely pint of Guinness." Harry stated with a polite smile. Eggsy sighed but, Blanche knew her Uncle could beat all of them in a fight easily.

"You should get out of the way, grandad, or you'll get hurt and all." Rottweiler said, patronisingly.

"He ain't joking you should go. B, tell him to go." Eggsy said with pleading eyes towards the Harts. Blanche shook her head.

They watched as Harry placed down his glass and headed towards the door. Eggsy sighed a sigh of relief and Blanche just sat with a smirk on her face.

"If you're looking for another rent boy, they're on the corner of smith street." Poodle said. Rottweiler laughed but Harry stayed silent, back turned away from them as he reached the door.

"Manners..." He began and he started to lock the door. Blanche's smirk turned into a smile and Eggsy watched in a stunned silence."Maketh...man. Do you know what that means? Then let me teach you a lesson."

Eggsy gasped and Blanche felt him grab her hand as a fight broke out. She smiled and watched as Harry used his umbrella as a shield and a stun gun. He also used his ring to shock people and his watch to shoot a tranquilliser at the bar man so he wouldn't snitch. Blanche looked up at Eggsy, whose mouth was wide open in shock. Then he smiled and she chuckled just as Harry sat back down, the others either knocked out or passed out. Eggsy let go of Blanche's hand as Harry finished his drink.

"Sorry about that. Needed to let off a little steam. I heard yesterday a friend of mine died." Harry said.

"What?" Blanche asked." Who?"

"Lancelot." Harry replied and Blanche gasped. Eggsy looked at her briefly before he looked back at Harry, but he patted her hand in comfort." He knew your father too, actually. Now, I do apologise Eggsy, I shouldn't have done this infront of you."

"Uncle Harry!" Blanche snapped as her uncle pointed his watch at Eggsy to erase his memory. Eggsy put his hands up in defence.

"No, please. I won't say nothing. I swear!" Eggsy begged.

"He won't!" Blanche added. Harry looked at the two, who looked desperate for him not to shoot Eggsy.

"If there's one thing I can do it's keep my mouth shut." Eggsy continued. Blanche gave a nod.

"You won't tell a soul?" Harry asked.

"Ask the feds." Eggsy replied." I've never grassed anyone up."

"Is that a promise?" Harry asked.

"On my life!" Eggsy replied. Blanche gave another quick nod of confirmation. Harry glanced at her. She was one of the few people he trusted. He lowered his arm and the two let out a sigh.

"Much appreciated, Eggsy." Harry said. Blanche smiled." You're right about the snobs. But, there too, there are exceptions. Best of luck with everything."

"Thanks." Eggsy breathed out as Harry patted him on the shoulder. Blanche looked at where her uncles hand had been. He'd placed a small recording device on Eggsy's shoulder.

"Blanche, are you coming with me or going to Eggsy's?" Harry asked. Blanche looked at them both.

"Eggsy's." She replied. Harry smiled and then gave a nod before walking off out of the pub. Eggsy let out a sigh and then he chuckled. Blanche chuckled too.