Country Roads

Merlin has explained everything and they had their weapons. They were all set to go. Blanche and Eggsy looked at one another and smiled excitedly. They'd were just metres away from Poppy's base. They were in the jungle outside, crowded together and looking at the entrance.

"Right, this is where we split up!" Harry whispered." Pincer movement. Merlin, you're with me. Eggsy and Blanche, you two signal when we're in position."

Eggsy gave a nod and Blanche went to step aside but she trod on something and it beeped. She looked at Eggsy, eyes wide and frightened. It was a mine.

"Fuck!" Eggsy whispered.

"I've fucked it up again. I should've stayed back. I'm sorry!" Blanche apologised and Eggsy cupped her face gently.

"Shut up. You ain't fucked a thing up! We'll get you out!" He whispered.

"Don't move. You move, we die." Merlin whispered and then he bent down, spraying something onto Blanche's foot." Luckily, I have this. This spray will freeze the trigger mechanism...give us a split second. So, on the count of three...what I want you to...

But he nudged Blanche out of the way and put his foot on the mine instead. Eggsy moved Blanche out of the way, arms wrapped around her tightly. Harry held onto her too.

"Merlin!" Blanche gasped as she was moved. The three turned to look at him and he just shrugged.

"Merlin, what the fuck have you done?" Eggsy asked in a whisper, arms still around Blanche protectively.

"Our journey together began many years ago...when your father did the same thing for us." Merlin explained to Eggsy." So, I'm saving your future wife and your unborn child."

"Our journey began with a mistake I made." Harry whispered, holding his hand out." Give me the can. That's an order."

"No, I've just gotten you back!" Blanche snapped in a whisper.

"Can's empty." Merlin said, giving it to Harry." Split seconds over. You three need to get going."

"No no no!" Eggsy whispered.

"There's got to be another way." Blanche said and she knew she was going to cry. She could feel it.

"He's right." Harry whispered and Eggsy and Blanche looked at him." Mission comes first."

"Bollocks mission comes first!" Eggsy snapped.

"Eggsy!" Merlin snapped back." This is no time for emotion. Remember your training. The same goes for you, Blanche!"

"But...Merlin you were going to be our baby's godfather." Blanche said as a tear fell. Eggsy wiped it away for her gently.

"I know but no emotion or we all die. Now get on with it!" Merlin demanded.

"Does as you're told!" Harry whispered and Blanche and Eggsy looked at him." Move it!"

Eggsy took Blanche's hand with a sigh and they moved to their clearing. Harry did the same and they looked at Merlin, who did an okay sign. Eggsy looked at Blanche and gave her a sad smile. She gave him one back and squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Almost heaven, West Virginia. Blue ridge mountains, Shenandoah river." Merlin began to sing, making the security guards cock their guns. Blanche chuckled slightly. If she didn't laugh. She would cry." Life is old there, older than the trees. Younger than the mountains, growin' like a breeze. Country roads, take me home. To the place I belong. West Virginia, mountain momma. Take me home, country roads."

A security guard approached Merlin and Eggsy looked panicked. Then Merlin head butted the guard and Blanche laughed again.

"Country roads, take me home. To the place I belong." Merlin continued and he nodded at Harry, who gave a nod back. Then he nodded at Eggsy and Blanche, who both forced smiles and gave a nod back." West Virginia, mountain momma. Take me home, country roads!"

He stepped off of the mine and it exploded. Blanche let out a slight yelp and buried her head into Eggsy's neck. He put an arm around her and closed his eyes.

"We have to go!" Eggsy whispered in Blanche's ear with a tearful voice. She sniffed and gave a nod, picking up her gun.

The three rushed towards the entrance of Poppyland, guns firing. Then Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting began playing through the speakers. Blanche felt herself smile but then came the security guards. Eggsy threw a baseball at Harry, who hit it though the entrance. It exploded. Eggsy shot at the guards with the brief case whilst Blanche used her handgun and Harry used his umbrella. The two suck by Harry as the umbrella was also a shield. Giant scissors fell on two of the security guards, killing them instantly.

The three pressed forward, shooting and winning the fight. Eggsy looked at Blanche and the two grinned. One guard approached Blanche, about to attack her, but Harry turned the umbrella towards him and pushed a button that sent him flying backwards into the cinema sign.

"Thanks, Uncle Harry." Blanche said as she stood beside her fiancé, both of them shooting away. Harry joined them and Eggsy turned the brief case into a huge shield, the three firing around the side of it.

Harry used the arm of the umbrella to steal a machine gun and he began to use that.  The three then split up. Eggsy rushed off, shooting at guards. He flipped over ones arms and then wrapped his legs around his neck, shooting at another one. Blanche front flipped over one of them and shot them in the head and Harry defended defended Eggsy. Some grandes were about to hit him but Harry shot at net at them and they fell by a robot that then exploded.

The three rejoined and reloaded before heading towards the diner. That's where Poppy definitely would be.