Standing Up To Charlie

Blanche was sat with Merlin as the next task rolled around. She passed him his cup of tea and then sat with hers gripped firmly in her hands. The task seemed simple, sky diving, but there was a twist.

"Listen up, your mission is to land on the target without the radar detecting you. If we read you on the radar or you miss the target, you go home. Is that understood?" Merlin explained. The others remained silent.

"Drop zone coming up. 20 seconds." Blanche said.

The two watched the screen as the plane got to the drop zone, everyone jumping out of the plane, Roxy being the last person. Blanche guessed she was scared of heights, which was understandable. Laughing and cheering could be heard through Blanche's ear piece and she smiled.

"My my you're all very cheerful." Merlin said, smiling over at Blanche, who sipped her tea with a grin." Did you really think it was gonna be that straightforward?"

"Any idiot can read a heads-up display. A Kingsman agent needs to be able to solve problems under pressure." Blanche explained, watching the screen closely.

"Like what to do when one of your group has no parachute." Merlin continued, leaning back with a slight chuckle before drinking his tea.

The panic of all of the candidates set in and Blanche watched them etch closer and closer to the ground on the screen. Roxy sounded the most panicked out of all of them.

"What do we do?!" Rufus asked, panic set in his voice.

"Merlin already told you. Aim for the target. Come in under the radar." Blanche replied and she sat back, watching the screen and drinking her tea.

"I hope not to be scraping one of you up. But, if I do have to, and you're inside the target, please know I'll be very impressed." Merlin stated. They all began to swear loudly.

Eggsy came up with a plan. They all gather in a circle and hold hands. One at a time, they'll release their parachutes and the last two people with hold onto one another. Blanche smiled as she listened to Eggsy explain. He'd always been super smart. Ever since Secondary school.

"Is it true you got an A* in your Maths GCSE mock?" Riley Cooper, one of Eggsy and Blanche's friend asked. They were all sat in the empty common room of their schools sixth form after skipping a lesson, despite being in year eleven.

"Yep." Eggsy replied with a smile and then he scanned the small friendship circle." Okay, Jamal, truth or dare?"

"Come on, bruv, I just went!"Jamal complained, making them all laugh." Fine. Uh...fuck it, truth."

"If you could hook up with anyone in this room, who would it be?" Eggsy asked. Jamal glared at him and Blanche laughed loudly.

"Probably...Francis." Jamal replied, glancing at Francis Simpson. She was a very pretty girl with curly blonde hair and big blue eyes. Ryan clapped as he laughed." Blanche, truth or dare?"

"Easy, fam. Dare!" Blanche replied." I ain't no pussy, mate."

"Alright then, Miss cocky, I dare you to kiss Eggsy." Jamal stated. Eggsy went all flushed. He hadn't had his first kiss and neither had Blanche but they weren't about to admit that.

"You don't have to!" Eggsy began as Blanche walked over to him. He looked up at her.

"Never backing out of a dare. Like I said, I ain't no pussy." She stated, holding her hand out. He took it and she pulled him up, their noses inches away from one another. She looked up into his eyes and smiled. He smiled back.

"Get on with it then!" Alice Samuels demanded with a chuckle. Eggsy glared at her and Blanche placed her hand under his chin gently, guiding his lips to hers. They kissed and their friends watched, mouths open in shock, expecting it to be a peck on the lips and not a little snogging session.

Blanche pulled away, winked at Eggsy and sat back down. He stared at her, face as red as a rose.

Only Eggsy and Roxy were left hurtling towards the ground. Roxy was freaking out. Merlin dropped his mug and it smashed, where as Blanche was gripping onto her like her life depended on it. But, they made it! Blanche let out a huge sigh of relief. It had been Eggsy without a parachute.

Blanche and Merlin rushed out to join the candidates on the field. They were all stood on the target at, which was a giant K for Kingsman.

"Hugo, Digby. You don't land in the K you're not in the K. Rufus you opened too soon. You were all over the radar. All three of you, pack your bags, go home." Merlin explained. The three boys sighed and walked away with defeat, dragging their parachutes with them.

"Eggsy, Roxy, congratulations. You set a new record." Blanche praised and Eggsy smiled at her. Charlie glanced at the two suspiciously.

"Opening at three hundred feet. That's pretty ballsy. Well done for completing another task. Fall out." Merlin instructed. Charlie and Roxy began to walk away.

"Sorry, sir. But why the fuck did you choose me as the gimp? Am I the expendable candidate?!" Eggsy snapped. Blanche rolled her eyes. He had a bad temper sometimes.

"No no no. You don't talk to me like that. You have a complaint, you come here and you whisper it in my ear." Merlin said and Eggsy walked over to him angrily." Get that chip off your shoulder."

Merlin pulled Eggsy's parachute chord and it came flying out, hurtling him backwards. Blanche giggled and then Merlin walked inside.

"Stop laughing." Eggsy sighed as he stood up. They didn't know Charlie was close by observing their interaction, just like he had been for a while.

"It was funny. Your face was priceless!" Blanche chuckled, helping him up. Eggsy smiled adoringly at her." Go on. I'll meet you inside."

"Okay." Eggsy said softly, gently touching Blanche's arm before he headed off inside. She smiled and watched him go. Then she turned to glare at Charlie.

"Problem?" She asked. Charlie went bright red.

"Not at all. I was just waiting to ask you a question." He replied as she walked over to him, arms crossed sternly." I was wondering if maybe, after I become an agent, you would like to get a drink with me or something?"

"No." Blanche replied instantly. Charlie stared at her in shock." You don't even know my first name, Charlie-

"What is going on with you and Unwin, then? It's so odd. The loving looks. The teasing. The giggling together. What on Earth is going on in your head for you to want to be with some pleb rather than me?" Charlie asked. Blanche scoffed.

"If you really want to know...Eggsy and I have been best friends since primary school. We grew up together. He's my other half. I couldn't live without him. I didn't propose him, my uncle did, because he knows how intelligent and trustworthy Eggsy is." She explained. Charlie sighed." Eggsy will always be a better man than you, Charlie. I'm sure of that."

He watched as she walked away, an amused smirk on her face. It was clear no one had ever stood up to Charlie before and he hated it by the angry look into his face, which satisfied Blanche even more.