Chapter 14: Best Lucky Charm

A part of Calvin still couldn't believe that his fist had created a seismic vibration on the Earth's crust, even after the two strangers with crazy powers had brought him to an old abandoned building. Calvin studied them, still unsure of their nature. The guy, he heard as Shijian, slinked back to the far corner of the room and squirmed in agony. Calvin could only imagine how painful it was to be punched so forceful that he flew up in the air. Meanwhile, the girl named Vide paced back and forth, eating away her fingernails.

"Now we can go back right?" Vide said. "We must go back."

"Go back where?" Calvin asked.

"We can't. We must finish him here." Shijian answered.

"Finish him here? You must be joking! Shijian look at you! You're bleeding and probably have broken ribs. And we have a disabled Veross here that have no slightest idea what is happening here."

"Are you talking about me?" Calvin asked them once again.

"Why are you so hung up on going back home? If we go back we have already lost since she can alter the future. The old Veross told us that this is the way to win, remember? We're the only one that can stop her here."

"Excuse me!" Calvin shouted, his voice echoed across the empty space. "Can you two idiots shut up for a second and answer my questions?" Vide and Shijian stared at him in shock.

"What's your question Veross?" Shijian asked, his face had mellowed like how an adult would talk to a child.

"First of all, can anyone lend me some spare clothes? Or unless the two of you still want to gawk over my skinny body?"

The two strangers looked at each other. "Vide, can you get him some clothes?"

Vide rolled her eyes. "Fine. I should probably get some supplies for us too." She turned around and in a blink of an eye, she wasn't there anymore. She disappeared like a ghost.

"The fuck?" Calvin swore under his breath.

"What do you want to know next Veross?" Shijian asked again, this time sternly. Now that they are not in imminent danger, Calvin noticed Shijian's appearance for the first time. He was awe-stricken to say the least. The boy named Shijian looked like every attractive feature mashed together—thick brown hair, a warm Korean-smooth skin, a jaw that can rip a woman's heart. But those didn't matter to Calvin. If anything it was an overkill for him. Shijian looked so perfectly molded that he was more of a sculpture, a mere decoration, rather than a human capable of companionship. But what set him apart, what Calvin was drawn into was his mystic teal colored eyes accentuated by his thick eyebrows and long eyelashes. It was like a perfectly cut gem, lustrous at any angle. He certainly hasn't seen that kind of hue in anyone's eyes before. His eyes were so hypnotic that Calvin had to look away, fearing he would seem rude to the stranger for looking for too long. His adolescent mind thought about if Shijian was his schoolmate, he would probably be the popular kid; the king that shall reign over his high school. And, Calvin assumed, he was probably the kind of guy that kisses himself in the mirror. Calvin irked. Just from this point, he knew he wouldn't get along with this boy.

"Okay angel boy, let's start with who the hell are you two?"

"What did you call me?"

"You got a problem with that man? Just answer the damn question." Calvin replied coldly.

Shijian squinted his eyes. "I'm Shijian from the old planet Kepler and the purplish haired girl is Vide from the planet Gaia."

"Planet? What, you two are aliens? Why aren't you green then? And why are your heads small?"