Chapter 2 - Hunter's Exam

[Location: Union Academy's Cliffside]

{Author's POV}

A lot of students with different powers reside on the mountain cliff. Amongst them are Y/N, Asriel, Frisk, and Chara. The two cats that were accompanying Y/N are still on his shoulder.

Others think the cats on his shoulders are his familiar. But, they are just people who can turn into cats.

Suddenly, three individuals walk up to a podium. The first is a middle-aged man with silver hair and brown eyes. He wears a shaded glass spectacle and a small, purple, cross-shaped pin on the cowl around his neck. The second was a handsome man in his early 20's with shoulder-length red hair and blue-green eyes. The last one looked like a mouse. He has the head of a mouse with circular black eyes, a large scar over the right one, relatively rectangular-shaped ears with pale pink insides slanting outwards from the top of his head, and an elongated muzzle with a small round nose.

These are the three headmasters of Union Academy, Ozpin, Sirzechs, and Nezu. 

Ozpin went in front, "For years, you have trained to become warriors. Today, your abilities are tested in the Emerald Forest."

Sirzechs spoke up, "I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about teams." He looks around, "All of you will be assigned with a teammate. Today"

"What! Oh..." Someone exclaimed, surprised. Y/N turned towards the voice to see a small girl. She has black hair with red streaks and silver eyes.

Nezu came up, "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time in Union Academy." He smiles, "So, it might be better if that person is willing to help you." The small girl groans, causing Y/N to chuckle. 

Ozpin spoke up, "That is to say, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner."

"What?!" She screams in shock.

"See? I told you!" A voice from afar claimed.

"After you partnered up with someone, make your way to the northern part of the forest." Ozpin explains, "You will meet a variety of creatures along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy anything in your path." He pauses, "Or you will die."

Y/N looks at Asriel, "I think I'll do more than just that." Asriel looks surprised.

"I thought you were a God?" Y/N shakes his head.

"My control over my semblance in this body isn't good." Asriel nodded his head.

"You will be monitored through the whole exam." Sirzech smiles, "However, we will not intervene in your exam. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics."

Nezu rubs his cheek, "Each pair must choose one and return here safely. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately."

"Are there any questions?" A blonde guy raises his hand.

"Yeah, um, sir?" He spoke in a nervous tone.

"Good. Now, take your positions." The guy was still raising his hand.

Y/N see someone is launched from the cliff, "Cool."

"Uh... sir? I've got, um, a question." He tried to speak up, "This landing strategy thing. Uh, wh-what is it? Are you, like, dropping us off or something?"

Another person is launched, "No. You will be falling."

"Oh, uh, I see... So, like, do you hand out parachutes for us?" Ozpin pauses.