Chapter 8 - Little Helper (🍋)

A/N: This is supposed to be for a friend of mine... Said they wanted a scene like this so, I made it for them.

Hope you guys enjoy. XD

The new class starts after the show Esdeath showed in the cafeteria. Every students were nervous to meet their new teacher. The room was big enough to fight in an arena, containing bleachers and even some armory.

Once they entered the room, most of them went pale. Standing in the middle of the room was Esdeath. Her were arms crossed, her eyes staring into her students' soul once they entered.

However, only one of her students didn't budge. Y/N, who is calmly walking toward Esdeath, gave a quick smile.

"Y/N." She started, the students already seated in their desire stations, "Will you be the volunteer for this class of mine?" She asks with a smirk.

"Of course. I don't want to see one of my students grow rusty on me." Y/N replied, confusing and surprising the spectators."

Esdeath nodded, "Very well.Then," she swiftly take out her sword, aiming at Y/N's head, "Let's begin."

Y/N blocked the sword by summoning a sword of his own. He pushed her back to gain some distance.

"Quick as ever." She summons multiple ice shards, pointing straight at him, "But this time, I'll win for sure!"

She dash towards him at blinding speed, "Let's begin training then." Y/N's sword changed into a spear, a weapon for melee and long range attacks.

The frozen blade clashes with the unbreakable pole. Y/N spun his staff, distancing himself from his opponent.

Esdeath tried to reach him again, however, Y/N created a wall of ice in front of him.

She clicks her tongue, "Tch, copying my moves again."

He smiles, "Well, where's the fun in that?"

Esdeath smiles sadistically, "Fine. If you're gonna play, I'll also play."

Everything around Esdeath froze, it was like time stopped. The world around her turned black and white. She summoned dozens, if not, hundreds of ice shards out of thin air. All of them directly pointed at Y/N.

"Let's see if you can dodge this!" Time resumed once more. Multiple gasps was heard throughout the room.

"Trying this move again?" Y/N spoke casually, "You should know by now." He disappears from his spot, shocking the former General, "Tricks like that won't work on me."

He reappears behind her while the ice shards shoots out, aiming where he stood.

"I win." A black scythe appears in his hands, the blade nearing Esdeath's neck.

"Woah..." Ruby commented with amazement in her voice, "He really beat her."

"That's impossible... No one has ever beaten General Esdeath before." Weiss spoke, clearly shaken from Y/N's victory, "Not even the ones in the empire can win against her... Unless."

Blake noticed the subtle movement that Y/N did. It was clear to her. Y/N was on a different level than all of them. She watched Y/N walk through the attack like a ghost. And that wasn't the worst part. He made eye contact with her.

She already knew. Y/N noticed her gaze amidst the fight. Her instincts kicked in when she met his gaze. It was like staring into an endless sea. A warm ocean.

"Honestly. I can't win against you." Esdeath raised her hands in defeat, "I surrender." She turns to Y/N, "Always harsh when it comes to fighting, huh, Sensei?"