Please don't be true

It was a normal patrol, swinging and saving people. Damian was by the docks in Gotham, just waiting to save someone. He was swinging when he heard a loud gunshot and a laugh. Damian has heard that laugh before, it was The Joker. Damian immediately went to the source of the laugh. Damian landed on the roof of the building and ran into the building. In the middle of the building stood The Joker, with a large gun.

"Ah, little birdie finally joined me" The Joker laughed. Damian growled, and grabbed a batarang from his belt. "Now, no need to be aggressive" Hoker cackled. The sound bounced off the walls of the deserted building. "What do you have" Damian snarled, going to hit the R on his chest. "One move and your done for" Joker laughed. Damian slowly put his hand down, both by his side now. "What is that" Damian repeated, anger started to boil in his gut. "This, is a powerful gun that will send you to different dimensions" Joker laughed. Damian scoffed, does he look like he was born yesterday.

"Want to test it out, birdy" Joker sang, laughing right after. Damian knew he had to be careful, whatever gun that was held a lot of power in it. "TT, I am not going to be a quinea pig for your stupid guns Joker" Damian replied. Damian quickly hit the R on his chest, sending an destress call to the rest of the batfam. Damian heard through his ear comm, "Damian, you okay" Oracle asked. Damian couldn't answer, too busy with the Joker infront of him.

Oracle got all the ear comms on, and said "Robin sent off a destress signal at the ware houses by the docks, Someone go help him". Cassandra was about 5 minutes from there, so she would go help him. "Ill go, whats happening" Blackbat asked, grappling towards the boy. "Don't know, he didn't answer" Oracle answered. Cassandra grunted in response, before asking, "give me a comm line to Damian please". "Of course" Oracle answered, doing as told. "Robin, Its black bat, Ill be there in less then five minutes" Cass said, zooming through the cold Gotham air. The line was silent.

Damian heard Cassandra, and felt a little at ease. "This gun is so powerful, after one use it will blow it and everything around it up" Joker screeched. Damian felt the fear build up, but quickly pushed it down. "Then it would kill you as well" Damian smirked, feeling as though he had just won. Joker just laughed, before calming responding, "Maybe I am willing to do that". Damian knew the Joker was insane, but never to this level. Damian slowly backed away. Where was Black Bat? Its felt like an eternity, though its probably only been minutes. "Lets see if this works, shell we?" Joker laughed.

Damian ran towards Joker but he was too late. Joker pulled the trigger and a beam hit Damian in the thigh, before the gun exploded. A flash and suddenly Damian was gone. Leaving only the Joker and an explosing. Flames grew in and around the building. Burning the Joker and the gun. This was the end of the king of crime.

Cassandra could see the warehouse, coming in closer to it. Then a loud lazed could be heared and the buildings exploded. Flames flew in every direction and Cassandra knew nobody could survive that. She ran towards the flames, only stopping when the heat became too much. Damian. That was the inly thing on her mind. She heard screams and wails but no Damian. Didnt see his bright cape or his luminous mask.

"Explose by the docks, anyone by there" Red hood said to the bats, getting on his bike. Oracle responed quick, "Robin was by the Docks and Black Bat was going to get him, you guys still there". No response. Cass knew she had to respond, so she took her shaky hand and pressed the ear piece. "too late" she whispered. She should have been quicker, faster, better. Her baby brother is dead know, no lazarus put could bring him back. She would never see him again.

"Cass, do you have Damian" Batman said through the comm. "No" Cass blankly answered, tears forming in her eyes. She turned and went to the bat cave, not wanting to be out anymore. She was a hero, but she couldn't save her brother. Couldn't save her family. Cassandra was too busy in thought to listen to the comms or even look at where she was going, body purely on auto pilot.

At the cave was oracle, she knew there was no way Damian could survive a blow like that. She tried to track the Robin suit, and it said it was right in the middle of the explosion. Damian may have been a good fighter, but he was human. Another Robin dead, too young and too small. Oracle turned and saw Black Bat enter the cave. "Babs" Cass started, taking off her mask. Barbara just opened her arms and Cass ran into them.

The next few days were hard on everyone, pain and tears. They found "Damians" ashes, police out them in a bag and handed them to batman. The ashes stayed in the living room, right under the fireplace. They held a funeral for Robin, heros from all over the world came to it. They let the young boy finally rest. It was hard, knowing that there isn't any way to bring the young hero back to life. At least he wont have to worry about someone stealing his body. Damian is at peace, at least in that dimension.