No more sidekicks

Peter was at the tower, finally. Him and Damian were sitting in Peter's room. Peter got injured while being Spiderman, and Damian was wrapping his wounds. "You have been getting injured a lot" Damian said, not taking his eyes off of Peters forearm. Peter just chuckled, before apologizing. Damian rolled his eyes before going back to wrapping his arm. Silence fell over them. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, more of a peaceful silence. "How did you get injured this time" Damian asked. Peter shifted in his seat, "Just a mugger who got a lucky hit on me." Damian rolled his eyes again. "Friendly neighborhood Spider-man getting cut by a mugger, unbelievable" Damian joked, before finish his wraps. Peter chuckled at the joke, before looking at his arm. "Thanks Dami" Peter said.

Damian felt heat grow on his face from the nickname but looked away before Peter could see. He composed himself before looking back at Peter. "Why don't you have anyone to patrol with" Damian asked. Peter smiled, "I do, sometimes Evaline joins me, and I almost always have Ned on comms" Peter explained. Damian shook his head. "That's still dangerous" Damian sighed. Peter laughed, a quite and calm laughed. It made Damian's body tingle, but he kept calm. "Don't worry Damian, Spiderman can take care of himself." Damian rolled his eyes. He stood up from the bed and went to put away some of his supplies. "TT, I know, but wouldn't you rather be safe then sorry" Damian said cautiously. He noticed the boy get up from the bed but didn't say anything. When he turned around, Peter was standing right behind him. Damian had to look up to meet Peter's eyes.

The boy was taller than Damian, standing at 5"7 while Damian was only 5"3. He was also older than the boy, only by a year. Damian was backed in by a dresser. "Damian, are you worried about me" Peter smirked. Damian stuttered, before ducking under Peters arm to get away from the corner. He walked towards the bed, "Take it from someone who had died, death is not fun." Peter turned to look at Damian before laughing. "How do you not have anyone to go with, there are hundreds of hero's here" Damian asked, sitting on the bed. "Don't worry about it Damian" Peter said, going to sit beside the younger boy. "I won't die" Peter said, expressing his gratitude. Peter smiled at Damian, but that seemed to make the boy even more worried. "TT, I'm not stupid Peter, but you keep getting hurt."

Peter sighed, running his hand through his hair. "Okay, what would you like me to do" Peter asked. Damian looked at Peter confused, tilting his head slightly. It made Peter's heart flutter, but the boy pushed on. For all the months he has known Damian, the boy still had a way to surprise him. "Find a hero, and get them to be your partner" Damian said. Peter looked at Damian, before smiling. "Damian, if you wanted to be my partner, you could have just asked" Peter laughed. Damian blushed before stuttering out a response. "TT, your such an idiot, that's not what I'm saying" Damian said, crossing his arms. Peter just laughed. Damian rolled his eyes, but couldn't help the small smile that graced his lips. 

"Okay, but on a serious note, you would make a good hero" Peter said. Damian held his head up higher at this. "Of course I would, I've been a hero longer than you have" Damian said. Peter snorted at that. The silence came back, as the boys sat there. "Damian?" Damian turned his head, "Yes?" Peter sighed, looking at the ceiling before looking back to Damian. "Be my partner" Peter hesitantly asked. Damian smiled, before looking to the ceiling. "If you can convince the rest of them, I will" Damian said. Peter laughed, "That won't be hard." Damian just clicked his tongue, before starring back at the ceiling.

"Peter, no" Tony said, before turning back to his work. "Tony, please" Peter begged. "Peter, we can't just make him a superhero" Tony explained. Peter sighed, clearly frustrated. "Mr. Stark, he was a superhero before he came here" Peter said. Tony took a deep breath, before looking at Peter. "He could be lying" Tony said. Peter wanted to scream. "Even if he was lying, he still can fight, he would be a good hero." Tony sighed, "Peter, Damian has to go back to his universe." Peter nodded, "I know, but you said it's going to take a while before they finished building the machine." Tony cursed under his breathe, he did say that. Tony slumped in his chair. There really wasn't a good reason not to make this kid a hero. It would make Peter happy.

"Okay, lets make a deal" Tony said. Peters eyes sparkled at this, but Peter kept his calm as he nodded. "I'll make the kid a suit, and he can go and fight with you, but he cannot kill anyone" Tony said. Peter nodded eagerly, "Thank you, Mr. Stark" He said before running out of Tony's office. Tony just sighed and laughed. Well, time to make this kids suit. This was going to be a long day for Tony.

Peter ran through the halls off the tower, excited to tell Damian that he could be a hero. They would be partners, and he would have someone to watch his back. How long would it last, well, Peter wouldn't know