Chapter 11

Another year at the academy passed. Within this time, I learned how to make storage, silence, and explosive seals. At this point, I was given free range with making and creating new ideas. A seal that I made, that is relatively simple, are weight seals that are used in training.

So instead of using heavy weights that destroy the ground when you drop them (Rock Lee), they would instead flutter to the ground helplessly, because they are just bandages, that don't restrict your movement, and can be removed by someone who cannot lift 500 pounds.

All you do is decide how much weight you want to carry, then put it on while pushing a bit of chakra into a specific point to activate them. To deactivate them, you just force more chakra into them.

It took a while to work out the kinks with that one.

I also learned basic puppetry, using strings and the like, but to be honest, I didn't like many of the puppets. Too big, and required to much chakra to manipulate properly.

Then finally, I learned more on espionage, stealth, and transforming my chakra signature.

So now, I sit here in class, in my final year, rolling the cool metal marble in my hands. I managed to get to the 5th largest marble of the bunch. As I played with the marbles, I messed around with hanging my other marbles from strings in my other hand. It was actually really hard to concentrate at both at once.

"Before we go into our physical lesson for the day, I just wanted to say something, but as you may know, next weak we will be taking our finals, and you will be put onto your genin teams. And if you feel like you don't want to take the exams this year, you can wait until next you, and you will be put into a separate class." He explained.

I stared at Nakomi-sensei. My heart pounding in my chest, as I placed the marbles down into my lap. Was I really ready to become a shinobi? I would most likely die. Gaara or some other mission will probably kill me. And that was terrifying. I didn't want to die.. My stores were so small it barely compared to the rest, even the civilian kids, even Yuno!

For the rest of class, my thoughts were filled with anxiety.

.

.

.

"Whats up kiddo," Shiruma-sensei asked me, as I huffed out and plopped down into the sand. "I heard graduation is in a week."

"Yeah, it is, and.." I paused, I've never really opened up to Shiruma-sensei this much before. I didn't know if I should trust him. "and I'm scared.."

Shiruma-sensei had a thoughtful look on his face for a moment, "Your father was like that too." I froze, whipping my head to look towards him. "He was my best friend, but that night.. When the hospital caught on fire, he did all he could to save you," he explained. "Many will say that his corpse was unidentifiable, because it was, but there was one thing that made him stick out." Shiruma-sensei dug through his pocket a moment before pulling something out.

A metal plate, with the Suna symbol engraved on it. "This headband right here, and how do I know its his?" He then flipped it over, showing an engraving on the metal. M + A. "Your father's name was Matsuda, and your Mother's was Aiko," he explained. I remember when he engraved this on his headband.

He sighed out with nostalgia. "I'll give this to you, only if you pass. But your father, as I said, he was anxious for his finals too. One thing I remembered that he did to calm down was draw."

"So, you're saying I should draw..?" I asked, my heart felt light, but welling with sadness. I didn't really have any words, as I never met my parents.