Chapter 13

We were led (I was still refusing to walk) to a training ground, a sandy, familiar place. As all sandy places tended to me familiar. Training ground 12. "Now some of you may have heard about not having to do any sort of secondary test after your initial exams, and that is true- for most students!"

"For you guys.. it still isn't true! That would be unfair otherwise you know, you probably know each other despite going to the academy together, correct?" Shiruma-sensei inquired tilting his head to the side a moment. I looked around.. to be honest I don't even remember my teammates names.. he was right. 

Shiruma plopped down onto the sand, "so.. let's start with the basics.. just to get to know each other, I'll go first!" He clapped his hands together, my two teammates didn't seem too enthused by his mannerisms. He gestured to the sand in front of him, a place for us to sit. 

I immediately plop down in front of him. He waits patiently for the other two to sit. The girl, rolled her eyes and sat down, the boy was quick to sit after me.

"Now that we're all sitting, I shall introduce myself," he chirped. "My name is Nakahana Shiruma, it's a mouthful, so you can just stick with Shiruma-sensei. I enjoy pottery, drinking, and reading," he listed off. "I specialize in ninjutusu and genjutsu!" He explained. I furrowed my brow. These were things I didn't know beforehand, despite knowing him for a year or two now. Time was weird and I decided not to bother with it for right now. 

I guess you learn something new everyday. 

"Akane, how about you next?" Shiruma stated, his eyes landing on the brunette. She rolled her green eyes as she spoke. 

"Well, my name is Habahana Akane, Akane is just fine. I like cacti, fashion, and flowers. I specialize in Shurikenjutsu, and poisons," she explained. Shiruma-sensei smiled at this. 

"Alright, Toru, you next!" He chirped clapping his hands together. 

Toru's voice was quiet, "I like writing and studying architecture.. I specialize in ninjutsu and kenjutsu.. I've been dabbling in puppetry although I'm not sure if I will be specializing in them.." Shiruma-sensei nodded. 

"Alrighty, Himiko-chan, your turn!" He chirped. I froze up a bit as their gaze's turned towards me. They were watching me.

"W-well.. um... I like.. um.. cats.. and painting.. I specialize in um.. fuinjutsu.. and.. some puppets.." I explained softly. Shiruma-sensei clapped, delighted. 

"Alrighty then my cute students, how about we begin our training with a small spar!" He hopped up, "I will not be participating because that would be pretty unfair. So you will simply be sparring each other!" I froze up. I couldn't spar whatsoever. 

I've never really sparred. I just knew the basic academy style, and some shurikenjutsu.. Fuinjutsu.. I knew jack shit, and didn't have any seals on me right now. 

I took in a  deep breath. Toru stood calmly, drawing his tanto. His light blonde hair slightly blowing in the wind. 

Akane stepped back, taking a fighting stance. I clenched my teeth, unsure of what to do. 

I took in a deep breath, "....and start!" 

Toru immediately dashed forwards towards Akane while Akane swiftly pulled out 10 sebon needles, 2 between each finger, and threw them towards me at quick speeds. I raised my arm to block the needles rushing towards me and flinched as the metal dug into my arm and shoulder. 

I didn't have too many seals to work with, but as I shoved my hand into my kunai pouch I pull out a previously tagged kunai and threw it towards the ground as Toru swung towards Akane. Forming a hand sign, the tag explodes blowing sand up into the air.