Chapter 8: Waiting

Hey people

Sorry it has taken me so long I've been working a lot more and things have come up.
This story isn't going on hiatus. Along with my other ones, none of them are being put on hold it's just taking them a bit longer to be updated that's all.

If you have any ideas for any of the story's
Send me a private message, I will happily read them and see if I can add them in to the story's.
If you are going to do this also put the story title of the one you would like to see it in.
I'm not running out of idea I just want to see what all of you come up with.

Hope you enjoy it.
---------------------

Astrid practically barged into the cove, face burning red from anger. She hurriedly climbed down the rocks and onto the coves grassy ground, immediately coming to a halt.

Her blue eyes examined the cove in awe. 'This place...' she trailed off. Never has she seen a place so, peaceful, so beautiful. The lake sparkled from the sunlight, the air was clear, the constant whish of the wind.

Her anger quickly left her completely just looking at the scene around her.

she mentally slapped herself, sure the cove was beautiful but finding her axe was her first priority.

It was than that she finally became aware of the fire that was just a few yards to her left.
She quickly walked towards the fire but what she saw made her gasp.

There, on a large patch of grass laid a half-naked man, with numerous slashes across his whole body that were a bright crimson red. She quickly kneeled beside the man, placing her ear above the man's lips. She waited a couple of seconds until she felt the man's warm breath on her ear, making her sigh in relief. She gazed at the man's face, noticing the slash on the man's cheek, the small scars on his face. His left eye made her almost gag, but she quickly turned her gaze away.

'He's alive but I better get him to Elder Gothi as fast as I can' , Astrid thought to herself as she grabbed her axe that was near the man's booted feet and placed it on her back. She spotted the satchel that was placed next to the man and reached over for it. She opened it to find some clothes in it but she quickly closed it.

She didn't want to waste any time in getting the man to Elder Gothi. Her eyes quickly searched the cove for another person, after all the man couldn't be out here by himself.

Yet nobody was in sight, there wasn't even a trace of human being, Weird.

First she grabbed the satchel and placed it over her shoulder then she quickly put out the fire and hoisted the man onto her shoulder, making the man let out a groan of pain.

'I'm sorry but it's the only way' Astrid thought to herself. This man was taller than her and with a medium build, so carrying him bridal style was out of the question, besides it would be weird carrying the man that was throughout the village, which would most likely cause some questions to arise.

She then was about to leave but than remembered she had to climb down in order to get into the cove. She quickly searched for another way out along the rock walls before finding an opening and carefully trudging back to the village.

----------------------------------

(With the dragons)

Sharpshot poked his head out of the water just as the human left the cove. He swam to land and shook the water off of himself and sat down for a couple more seconds, to make sure the human was far away.

Once Sharpshot thought it was safe, he shot a small fireball at the lake, signalling the others that the coast was clear.
Immediately Toothless shot out of the lake and onto land, shaking the water off of him. Skullcrusher merely walked towards land and Thornado just stayed inside the lake, feeling at peace. Sharpshot then laid down and began to drift off.